Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

can someone compare the stereo to the eagle IR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone compare the stereo to the eagle IR?

Looking for someone to compare the Stereo to the Eagle IR .. are the captured metrics different? what is the real difference between these two (aside form the additional cameras,.. what is the gain with the stereo?)

Thanks

The main difference is the Stereo measures vertical launch angle and the Eagle does not. The Eagle defaults the vertical launch angle to a set launch angle based on the club selection which kinda stinks because if you hit a thin shot or a flop, the Eagle doesn't care and reports the same launch angle regardless of how you hit the ball. I think to have a realistic simulator, vertical launch angle has to be measured which also affects the spin calculations. So Stereo is much better in comparing these 2.

Comment

Another difference is the IR light is not quite enough when mounted over 9 feet. I strongly suggest using the LED Spotlight rather than the IR lighting. Most users with the IR lighting have since bought the spotlight.....

Comment

don't both units have the IR lighting? so rather than this being a comparison between the two are you just suggesting to get the led spot no matter which unit?

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
        Another difference is the IR light is not quite enough when mounted over 9 feet. I strongly suggest using the LED Spotlight rather than the IR lighting. Most users with the IR lighting have since bought the spotlight.....

Comment

You can buy the units off of me as I am a reseller.... I don't bother with the IR..... I sell them with a 60 watt LED spot instead. The Vistrak Eagle is the single camera... and the stereo is the Eagle with 2 stereo cams added on for LA. The Eagle camera is identical in both units.... The single camera unit is very capable ......except for the lack of LA.

Comment

Working...
          X