Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Brandon Jeffrey (NET) and @ecarl97 winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - Safeway Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - CIMB Classic with 2 rounds at Kapalua Bay Golf Club : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-cimb-classic
See more
See less

HD golf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I had the opportunity to hit off one of these systems again the other day and brought my TM with me. Unfortunately, the balls they had plus the ones I brought were not marked for the HD system and this the analysis I was hoping to do was not possible. I did take measurements, but because spin was not getting measured on the HD I don’t want to report my findings too much other than to say both systems seemed relatively consistent with each other. One thing I did notice was how well my TM measured short chips. I measured one right down to 3 yards. I think TM has really improved their software on these shorter chips on the 3e.

As as a summary, I had fun playing Banff Springs on the HD, it seemed to be pretty consistent with my TM. One odd thing I noticed was that with on centre hits with my driver, the HD unit was never able to give me a club head speed reading.

Comment

We just pulled the trigger on the widescreen version of HD. I did a boatload of research and was between fullswing and HD them picked HD because I liked how they were a one stop shop. They do not use a bunch of third parties for software etc and use a professional workstation with Linux. I would love to hear about any other recent installs. Ours gets intallled here in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by a98cr125 View Post
        We just pulled the trigger on the widescreen version of HD. I did a boatload of research and was between fullswing and HD them picked HD because I liked how they were a one stop shop. They do not use a bunch of third parties for software etc and use a professional workstation with Linux. I would love to hear about any other recent installs. Ours gets intallled here in about 2 weeks.
        Congrats on that - I have the marketing materials from HD Golf and they are incredible looking systems. Just curious how your setup went, and if you may have any photos of your installation? Does HD Golf oversee the installation as well, and are the HD software updates included with the purchase, and for how long? I would really like to see if you noticed any lag, as one of the primary detractors from TGC for me is the lag (delay) from hitting the ball to seeing it appear on the screen... That's always been a turn-off for me and I've played on many different sims, just not on an HD Golf one, which I really would like to try.

Please let us know - with photos too on how your install went a98cr125...

Comment

Working...
        X