Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Shardak (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - OHL Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Boston : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...he-rsm-classic
See more
See less

Electric push cart (trolly)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric push cart (trolly)

Anyone use one ??? If so, have any tips on them ?

They seem to have a much higher usage from our friends across the pond. No idea why that makes a difference, maybe because that's where a lot of them are made.

I like to walk but pushing a cart in 90 degree heat on hills gets old fast !

I have a Navigator quad remote. For the 11 or so years prior to that I had a Navigator 2. I just replaced it since there was starting to be a problem getting parts as it had been out of production for 8 or 9 years. The navigators claim to fame is they have a built in Gyro that pretty much keeps the cart going in the direction you point it. This means you have to very little driving on the course. It's kind of point it in the direction you want and forget it until you are near your ball.

The above are remote control carts, there are many competing manufacturers. There are also many carts with an electric motor but no remote control you have physically steer. In either case avoid the el cheapo models. You will spend more time trying to keep them running then you will golfing. My original cart was a $500 remote control unit which I spent almost more time maintaining then the 200 MPH drag race car I was running most every weekend..

For many years I had a push cart which I never used much since I found it easier to just carry the bag. When this started to bother my back a bit I bought the original remote cart which I used on hot days. Currently I use the Navigator Quad all the time.

The net of all this is a decent remote cart is not cheap, The quad is close to 2K. Non remotes are cheaper, maybe 500-700. There is really no way any of these cart types are money savers. They are simply a way to play golf, while walking 5 or so miles and getting some exercise.

My advice is to get the best cart you can afford that will fit in whatever you are using to get to and from the course.. When the cart craps out in the middle of the course it is a real PITA to push it back to the parking lot. The less expensive models are usually poorly engineered/constructed and prone to breakdowns. Any warranty is useless if the cart breaks down a lot.

Comment

Like Ronsc1985 said. Stay away from the cheap noname stuff. Been there done that.
      Now i am using a motocaddy S1 with a 36 hole lithium battery. This model is widely used as a rental cart at golf courses. There are no extra bells and whistles, it just works. About 250 rounds on it so far and zero issues.
      I have been eyeing the motocaddy S7 remote. A friend of mine has one and it looks so easy when he is just using a remote to get around the course. Also the usb port for charging phones etc is a nice touch.
      But with remote trollies there is also alot more that can break down.

Comment

Just ordered, Bag Boy Navigator. Looking forward to walking more and not having my back hurt so much when I do.

Any thoughts on Rain ? I'm just barley smart enough to not be on the course in a down pour, but I will play in a light drizzle.

Comment

No simulator owner in his right mind would be out there playing golf in the rain. Come on Stan! Haha, enjoy your new cart.

Comment

Originally posted by StanMI View Post
            Just ordered, Bag Boy Navigator. Looking forward to walking more and not having my back hurt so much when I do.

Any thoughts on Rain ? I'm just barley smart enough to not be on the course in a down pour, but I will play in a light drizzle.
            Do you mean the current model or the older Navigator models?

If you have an older one then playing in wet conditions can become a problem because the leads to the motor brushes wick in water to the brush and eventually this corrodes the brush springs stopping the motor. An easy fix when you first get the cart is to buy some non corrosive RTV made for electronics and pack it around the lead entry points to the motors. I had this problem and bag boy kept sending me motors when under warranty. I finally figured out what the problem was. The net result was I ended up with several spare motors which I used about 5 years later when the original motors stripped a gear or two in their right angle gear boxes.

If you bought the latest model then you're good to go in the rain or wet conditions since the lead entry into the motors are already sealed. I have played a lot of rounds in very wet conditions, not raining but when the courses were cart paths only due to the extreme amount of rain this year..

Comment

Just ordered it so I'm hoping it's the current model.

With the weather we had around here in May, if it's not good in the rain it wouldn't get used much.

Comment

Just played the first round with it. What a difference!! Might sound weird if you don't have any back issues but a riding cart kills my back with the bumps and a push cart works on my upper back when pushing. Had a REALLY easy walk with the new cart.

if you have any kind of back issues I highly recommend this cart.

Comment

I use to have a push trolly but it was effecting my back and switched to a battery powered trolley a few years ago and stopped the back pain instantly. Plus it’s easier to walk uphill as it pulls me along.

Comment

Working...
                  X