Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Wes B45 (NET) and @Chris Knoop (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Genesis Open with 2 rounds at Riviera Country Club White Tees : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-genesis-open
See more
See less

Launch Monitors in PGA Superstore and other store

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch Monitors in PGA Superstore and other store

tl/dr - Is is possible to inflate ball speed on GC with FSX? Seems like my golf store is doing that.

Like the vast majority of people on the forums I own a launch monitor. Specifically I own a GC2 and I know my ball data for my driver very well. Recently I went to PGA superstore and started hitting in one of the simulator bays (GC2 with FSX) with some new drivers and I was getting higher ball speeds than I ever get in my simulator. For reference, at home I'm generally a high 160s to low 170s ball speed guy with my absolute max at 175. In the store with the new cobra F9 and epic flash I was getting 175-182 ball speed (note the cobra was faster). My current driver is only a couple years old and on center face strikes it shouldn't have made that big of a difference. I was hitting a new prov1 at store so its not the ball.

Then I tried hitting a regular 3i and it was going about 15 yards further. I know the solution is to bring my own driver to compare but is there a way to see if FSX is inflating ball speed and distance by checking setting. I did check elevation for carry distance but I wouldn't know how to inflate ball speed.

The easiest way to check is by turning the speaker of the GC2 on. That will output the raw data. If the ball speed in FSX is higher then they are boosting.

Comment

• BlechBOX
      BlechBOX commented
      Editing a comment
      I never thought of that. I wanted to unplug it so that i could see the reading but I didn't want to piss anyone off in the store.

The new cobra driver has been pretty consistent in showing higher ball speeds than any thing on the market. Epic flash is not far behind.

Comment

• BlechBOX
      BlechBOX commented
      Editing a comment
      Cobra definitely has my interest. I found the driver to have too much spin for the demo shafts I was using (Hzrdus Smoke - which feels awesome btw, and an Atmos shaft). Once I find the right shaft I'll be ready to buy it.

Blechbox

I'm sure this is very common as it is easy to do. All you have to do is change the elevation in the software.

Comment

Originally posted by bionicboogerboy
      Blechbox

I'm sure this is very common as it is easy to do. All you have to do is change the elevation in the software.
      How does a change in elevation change the ball speed?

Comment

I currently have the annual membership at the PGA Superstore for the practice bay using the GC2. I normally try numerous other clubs on my way out after my 30 minute practice session and have not seen any massive jumps like that in ball speed with Drivers... 7 Iron totally different story as most 7 irons now have the loft of something between my 5/6 iron that I use (Callaway X-16 Pro irons.. era 2004?). What I can say is that the forgiveness of both the newer Drivers and Irons seem much better than my old Driver and Irons. Which makes it hard to leave without having that huge temptation to purchase a new set of irons or that fancy new driver

Comment

Burtgolf I have a hard time not buying something every time i go into a golf store so that would be torture playing with the new drivers and shafts on a consistent basis.

Comment

BlechBOX even harder for me as I got these old clubs and watching a new 7 Iron carry farther than my 6 iron... with higher ball flight.. oh the pain AP3 or P790?? or just wait a while to see what else comes out to beat those two!

As far as Drivers I keep thinking that the Ping G400 LST is going to be in my bag soon... even with the new Cobra out (hit twice now and it is SWEET!) .. the Ping just keeps being the winner each time!

Comment

I know when I go hit clubs at my local golfers warehouse, the settings on the FS1 or whatever it's called are at
              fairway :concrete
              wind: hurricane
              elevation: 10,000 feet

cause I can hit toe hooks that would be 215 yard crap drives at home and they'll roll out 300 at the store.

not sure how they can lie about the ball speed reading though?

Comment

Working...
              X