Red stake interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red stake interference

Hi all, after my round today, reflecting in a shot I hit into water😭, my drive landed in some heavy rough just inside a red stake. I didn't really know what to do so I just swung and it went straight in to water in front of my. My stance was o leaning over the stake to hit the ball. The stake was not moveable. I'm reading rules , I can't figure it out, was I entitled to a free drop back from the stake? Still inside the hazard area?

Rule 16.1a
    There is no free relief from an abnormal course condition when the abnormal course condition is out of bounds or your ball is in a penalty area.

​​​​​​

Comment

So, do you mean your shot hit the stake and went into the water? I was wondering something similar before as I once hit the black and white striped yardage marker in the middle of the fairway with a shot. This was my own course and just in a local round so it didn't count for anything, but I was wondering about the placement of those course items. Although they look nice aesthetically (and are sometimes course accurate), the could pose problems when playing.
      Japan
      Tochigigaoka Golf Club
      Konosu Country Club (L)
      Olympic Country Club R&H
      Olympic Country Club F&R
      Olympic Country Club H&F
      Olympic National East (L)
      Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba
      Shonan Seaside CC

US
      Torrey Pines North Course - L
      Torrey Pines South Course - L
      Scarsdale Golf Club (L) - NY
      Montauk Downs - LiDAR - NY
      Golf Club Fossil Creek L - TX
      The Tribute (LiDAR) - TX
      Boca Raton Resort & C (L) - FL
      RB GC & Resort v2 (L) - TX
      River Creek Park Golf Club (L) - TX

Others:
      Bali National Golf Club 3

Comment

Cheers guys, my ball landed on d bank of a river, heavy rough, just inside a red stake. I could not swing my club properly with the red stake that was in The ground. I took. A swing but the ball just went straight into the water. I was just thinking after the round could I have done things differently!! Watching too much Bryson 😂 😅

Comment

Pretty certain you could have removed and replaced the stake if it was interfering with your stance or swing.

Comment

OP said the stake was not moveable. I took that to mean that they tried to move it , but it was stuck in the ground. They probably should have taken a penalty drop.

Comment

Ya the stake was well buried in the ground I didn't even attempt to distrupt it from its place, the format we were playing was better ball so to be of any assistance I needed to get ball moving towards the green without penalty.

Comment

Working...
              X