Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @simmb (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 CHRISTMAS TOUR - ProTee Tour Championship !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - Sony Open in Hawaii. Playing 2 rounds at Wailua Valley GC (ProTee Green Tees) - 6378y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...open-in-hawaii
See more
See less

TXG compares GC Quad to SkyTrak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXG compares GC Quad to SkyTrak

TXG compared the two units against eachother... Matt has a very high swing and ball speed and was able to have some pretty large discrepancies between the units from 7i and Driver. ST was over-reporting carry distance and spin on the driver, and over reporting carry distance but under-reporting spin on the 7i.

I don't know if they faced the logo out or are running on 3.1 or greater on their app, but either way it was fun to watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ICvO80dFQ

I always wonder about these comparisons. How do they know which machine is correct? You see this all the time with all kinds of products and they assume that the more expensive one is always correct.

With launch monitors, I would love to see a comparison where they hit the ball(s), record the data and then actually walk it and measure the flight. I have never seen it done and therefore always take these comparisons with a grain of salt.

Both of those machines have probably had millions of balls hit on them, have had logarithms updated numerous times, etc....
    My published Courses, all on Sim software, all Lidar:

Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
    Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
    Boyne Moor Lidar
    BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
    CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
    Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
    Marco Island CC Lidar3
    Wilow Metropark Lidar5
    Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Comment

Also that’s comparing apples to oranges. $11,000 vs. $2,000. Doubt anyone contemplating buying one of these is weighing against buying the other.

Comment

"With launch monitors, I would love to see a comparison where they hit the ball(s), record the data and then actually walk it and measure the flight. I have never seen it done and therefore always take these comparisons with a grain of salt."

Even if you did this it would be difficult to account for differences in dimple patterns, aerodynamics, wind etc etc. Unless you were in a climate controlled stadium or something I can't imagine it would be an easy task. That's the down side of camera based indoor tests. It shows you snapshot of the launch and uses software to simulate flight but it doesn't know how that particular ball would fly through the air. They are great for club fitting purposes to be able to do a gapping sessions and that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
        X