Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prolaunch

Hi everyone.
    Have any of you tested the new Prolaunch from P3Pro?
    Is it worth the money?

Good question. Seems like a nice addition. Measures ball launch, speed, spin and horizontal launch. You do need to use marked balls.

Comment

Sounds like you still need to tape your clubs which is why I mothballed the P3.

Comment

Yes , the sensors is still there. I have tape only on Driver,woods and putter. Not the irons.
        I have no problems with that. But wìth a price of a Prolaunch I am not sure it worth it.
        That said, I will say P3Proswing have become a very good simulator for a nice price.
        Very nice courses and not often misshits.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba22 View Post
          Good question. Seems like a nice addition. Measures ball launch, speed, spin and horizontal launch. You do need to use marked balls.
          I thought I read that it just measured LA, ball speed and ball spin. I think you still need the pad for your horizontal launch (left and right of center) otherwise you would not need a pad at all unless you wanted club data.

So compared to a web cam that could be used to give a LA (this was free if you had a web cam) you are gaining the ball speed and ball spin. Of the two, the ball speed may be the best addition so that at least topped shots or skulls may be represented more realistically and if the ball spin is accurate then that should omit needing to tell the system what club you are using for it to produce and accurate ball flight. Now the web cam was not ideal for LA so not having to adjust that from Driver through pw would also be better but the overall price with a pad system yet does not seem like it is much cheaper than other launch monitors that read everything without a pad and marked balls and clubs.

Would be interesting here too if they showed a test while hitting a 7 iron and switching the club in the software from a 3 iron to a pw and see if the shot changes. If it does than something is not being read but rather calculated.

The pad system (on its own) is however still one of the best club data info for the money.
          Mountain Time

Comment

You still need the pad as it acts as a trigger for the prolaunch. It measures horizontal azumuth but not great so they still use the sensor club face to estimate bath azumuth. The measures ball speed and spin are a nicer option than the simple webcam that only measures launch. The question is it worth the extra money?
            Last edited by Bubba22; 03-02-2018, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Has anyone tested one of these yet? I have the sensor pad and have been slightly disappointed with the accuracy of it (especially with distances). If you have the launch monitor will you still have to enter all of your club distances, swing speeds, etc? I am trying to determine if I should add the ProLaunch to my current setup or just upgrade to another launch monitor.

Comment

I would say move to another LM. You can get a ST for the same price and you will be worlds happier. I've had P3 and ST and it's not even a comparison on which one is better. ST hands down.

Originally posted by bs531 View Post
                Has anyone tested one of these yet? I have the sensor pad and have been slightly disappointed with the accuracy of it (especially with distances). If you have the launch monitor will you still have to enter all of your club distances, swing speeds, etc? I am trying to determine if I should add the ProLaunch to my current setup or just upgrade to another launch monitor.

Comment

The swing pad is amazing. Would love to try both together. Would love to get both ball and swing data.

Comment

Working...
                  X