Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Saik Golf winning the TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - AT&T Pebble Beach ProAm !

Join this weeks TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Genesis Open with 2 rounds at Riviera Country Club Friday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-genesis-open
See more
See less

Medicus Power Meter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicus Power Meter

Just a for fun thread and because I am curious. I have a medicus power meter thing. Its from like 2009, and its fun to mess with and try different swings techniques. I find it extremely inconsistent when hitting a ball. Different ball, same swing, same strike, drastically different number. A bad strike will also make it give some very inconsistent numbers.

It is very consistent when practice swinging, but I am unsure if it is very accurate. I can consistently get it to read 130 mph+ and it seems plausible that it could be my max but I want to be sure. I want to know for sure my max so i can continue to work on making that max occur at the ball. I enjoy the long drive side of golf, though I doubt i will ever try to compete, its a lot of fun to work on for golf scrambles.

Anyways, has anyone tried one of these devices? Was it accurate?

Nevermind, just proved its accuracy with my swing speed radar and a weighted club I built that eliminates the guesswork of what part of the clubhead the radar picked up. Verified I top out around 130, so the medicus powermeter seems to be accurate, at least for practice swings with no ball.

Comment

That's some swing speed. Only 18 players average above 120 mph swing speed on the PGA tour.

Comment

Im a firm believer that everyone has a pretty high ceiling if they put the effort in.

Comment

Working...
        X