Rogue vs XR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue vs XR

Plan on getting some new irons and driver today. I am wondering if anyone has thoughts on Rogue driver vs XR driver. XR is $250 cheaper. I’ve settled on getting the rogue irons. I’m currently playing with TaylorMade RAC OS that are about 12 years old. Time for an upgrade. Manager at Golf Galaxy was pretty down on the M2 irons.

The Taylormade P790 irons were crazy awesome when I hit them at Carl’s a few weeks ago. Little pricey but great irons.
    they may be a bit more of a player iron than you’d like.
    But also I’d try the M1 irons. I would give them a shot as well. Cheaper as well because of the new M3’s are out.
    Never was a Taylormade guy but im liking what they are putting down right now lol

Comment

The XR is a great driver. I hit the 440cc quite well. But I’m rocking the 460 M1 driver atm. It’s a great club.
      Gettig the M3 start of May. We’ll see how it preforms.
      havent heard anyone rocking the Rogue yet tho.
      Have you swung it?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Haven’t looked at the p790’s. I believe those are the irons PGX is suing TaylorMade over? Golf Galaxy was down on the M2 because the face was denting and some kind of insert was coming out and according to him just poor overall construction. Didn’t talk to him about the M1 though and he didn’t have any real good or bad about the M4 accept to say the problems were supposed to be solved.

Comment

Well are you looking for a cavity back, players iron, blade?
          They way they are making irons now you can get a great combo of cavity and player iron.
          M1 M3 irons heard great things.
          Taylormade P790’s were best iron I’ve ever hit lol
          1599.99 cdn is just a little much for me atm haha

Comment

Also the Calloway xr os irons I’ve heard good things as well.
            But its all feel. You may hit better with certain irons than others ya know?
            Best advice it try 2-3 sets. Then try them again.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I went with the XR OS irons. Two XR Hybrids and the XR 16 driver. I’ll get a chance to try me out tomorrow. Have a scramble to play in.

Comment

Those are nice irons!
                I like the xr hybrids as well. They go like crazy and quite forgiving.
                Good luck!

Comment

Thanks @kpass

Comment

Working...
                  X