Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET & GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Scotish Open!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Ireland Invitational with 2 rounds at Le Golf National (Protee): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...d-invitational
See more
See less

Favorite driver ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite driver ever?

What’s your favorite golf driver ever? What made it so special? Looking for the best driver for next season.
    Anyone here let me know if they have experienced between these-
    TaylorMade M5
    Cobra King F8
    would they both are good, they seem to have good reviews.
    Thanks

Scratching my head why the Ping G410 was not on your list. I think there might be some better competitors to it that came out this year, but for me this has been a fantastic driver. For me it was an easy sell in that I was playing a round and messed around with the screw on my G400 driver prior to my round and did not secure it properly and ended up losing the screw in the grass before my round. Marshal came around during my round and asked me how things were going and I told him crappy due to my driver issue. He ended up bringing me a G410 from the pro shop for the rest of my round. He could not have brought it at a better time, as it was right at a tough par 5 (I usually play the hole 3 wood, 5 iron, wedge). I ended up hitting driver five iron on a hole that my previous best was driver 22 degree hybrid to the green (and it was a wet and cold day). I know that a similar result could have been achieved with any other properly fit driver, but when I handed in the driver back at the pro shop I signed up for a driver fitting and ended up buying the G410

Comment

Originally posted by Sdprade View Post
      What’s your favorite golf driver ever? What made it so special? Looking for the best driver for next season.
      Anyone here let me know if they have experienced between these-
      TaylorMade M5
      Cobra King F8
      would they both are good, they seem to have good reviews.
      Thanks
      TaylorMade M6 is my favorite golf driver ever I used. It's twist face technology which reduces sidespin. The Cobra King makes too many great drivers to keep up with them all.
      Cobra makes too many great drivers to keep up with them all

Comment

The driver will find you . . . best way to know is to get fitted and try all of them.

Comment

I think now that they've essentially maxed out the allowable rebound effect (COR?) on driver faces the differences between drivers is going to be pretty subtle. I swing a Calloway EPIC, 1st model before Rogue, Flash, Maverik.
          I tried the Flash and really found a very tiny difference, which I passed on, a touch straighter but no real distance increase so for $500 I passed on it.

My $.02.

Comment

Working...
          X