Used clubs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cgdavis_2
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2021
    • 102

    #1

    Used clubs

    Does anyone have any experience selling used clubs? I have a set of callaway xtour irons and an odyssey white steel 2 that I would like to sell , but not sure the best route to do that. Any insights appreciated!
  • finsfan21
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2020
    • 6

    #2
    facebook marketplace

    Comment

    • Dax
      Ultimate Member
      • Oct 2014
      • 1797

      #3
      Kijiji works as well, but Facebook as noted above is good as well. Some golf stores do trade in as well.

      Comment

      • 3on3putt
        Champion Member
        • Mar 2019
        • 1315

        #4
        I sell used clubs on ebay all the time. Just sold a set of irons there last week.

        Comment

        • cgdavis_2
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2021
          • 102

          #5
          Wasn’t getting too many bites on Facebook. Will try eBay.

          looks like online there are places that will buy them as well. 2nd swing and others.

          might try those out

          Comment

          • 3on3putt
            Champion Member
            • Mar 2019
            • 1315

            #6
            Originally posted by cgdavis_2 View Post
            Wasn’t getting too many bites on Facebook. Will try eBay.

            looks like online there are places that will buy them as well. 2nd swing and others.

            might try those out
            Those places are super easy because they will almost for sure buy your stuff. However, they will give you far less than what you can get elsewhere. If you want to maximize your profit go with ebay or craigslist. If you just want to get rid of them quick and easy go with 2nd swing or 3balls. They will give you trade in credit if you are looking to replace the clubs with something else.

            Comment

            • Deuce
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2015
              • 139

              #7
              FB Marketplace depends on where you live. eBay is most guaranteed route, but their fees are steep. Take lots of pictures, include a thorough description (with good grammar), and have the auction close on Sunday evening for best results. Online sellers (3balls and 2nd Swing) are dependable, but you don't get much for them. Only worth it if you're looking to eliminate any hassle and buying something else from them in exchange.

              Comment

              • cgdavis_2
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2021
                • 102

                #8
                I was worried on eBay no one would want them. They are great clubs, but they are 2006 vintage. Just concerned I post it and don’t get all that much for them. Are there people hunting 2006 irons?

                I guess only one way to find out!

                Comment

                • 3on3putt
                  Champion Member
                  • Mar 2019
                  • 1315

                  #9
                  Originally posted by cgdavis_2 View Post
                  I was worried on eBay no one would want them. They are great clubs, but they are 2006 vintage. Just concerned I post it and don’t get all that much for them. Are there people hunting 2006 irons?

                  I guess only one way to find out!
                  Absolutely. The set I sold last week was from 2009. And I sold them for more than what I bought them for 4 years ago lol. Tons of golf equipment buyers on ebay. It's by far your biggest audience reach. If they don't sell there then just sell them to global golf or whatever.

                  Comment

                  • cgdavis_2
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2021
                    • 102

                    #10
                    I ended up doing Facebook marketplace. Sold them in 12 hours for more than I would have got from second swing. I probably priced them too low!

                    Comment

                    Working...