Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Putter with better feel - useful for a golf simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putter with better feel - useful for a golf simulator

I found that I didn't have the same level of "feel" putting in my simulator room vs. on the golf course. A friend told me about a putter grip that provides more feel and feedback as you hit the putt. It's an alumunium grip - no rubber. I installed the new grip on my Ping putter about a month ago. The installion is a breeze as all you need to do is peel off the old grip and slide this one on. It's held by six set screws.

I've been using the new grip both on the course and at home in the simulator room for several weeks. The new grip felt comfortable immediately. There is a different sound and feel on off center hits. When using the simulator at home, before this grip, the putter just didn't feel right as I could only see the simulation of the ball roll. With this new grip, I'm able to transfer that proper feel from the golf course back into the golf simulator room. I've turned off the automatic 2 putt feature on my TGC20019 software and have started to actually putt. I have attached a photo of the grip and you can read more about it at https://www.feedbackgrips.com/
    Attached Files

That is definitely different! I just don't know if I could ever get used to having a round grip on my putter. It seems like it would be harder to get the ball started online without the flat part as a feel indicator of square.

Comment

I also had a putter grip with a flat part (to use your terminology) and thought it would be awkward switching to a completely round grip. However, I've always first lined up the putter head using the line on the top of the putter. Then I step into the putt to get comfortable with my shoulder's square to the line. Finally, I grip the putter. I've found that a completely round and a bit oversized grip avoids any tendancy that my shoulders being out of line has on the putter face. So, it's certainly a personal choice on putter grip shape.

Comment

i think you’d be surprised at how much more natural it may feel and may actually be easier and more consistent to start online. I never considered it until I went through an edel fitting.
        Originally posted by andygg1986 View Post
        That is definitely different! I just don't know if I could ever get used to having a round grip on my putter. It seems like it would be harder to get the ball started online without the flat part as a feel indicator of square.

Comment

Working...
        X