PGX clubs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bubba22
    Sim Guru
    • Aug 2014
    • 3004

    #1

    PGX clubs

    Anybody switching clubs? https://www.pxg.com/
  • Ironstrokes
    Extreme Member
    • May 2015
    • 1012

    #2
    Haha saw that driver being tested on YouTube as well, that is really insane. They might want to get some more pros playing and endorsing those things before they can have the guts to be charging that

    Comment


    • bennyg211
      bennyg211 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you not seen their pro line up, its pretty impressive. Zack Johnson, Ryan Moore, Chris Kirk, Billy Horschel to name a few
  • khightower
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2015
    • 15

    #3
    Originally posted by Ironstrokes
    Haha saw that driver being tested on YouTube as well, that is really insane. They might want to get some more pros playing and endorsing those things before they can have the guts to be charging that
    Does what a pro play really influence what you play? Does it make it better?

    Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • Ironstrokes
      Extreme Member
      • May 2015
      • 1012

      #4
      Originally posted by khightower View Post

      Does what a pro play really influence what you play? Does it make it better?

      Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
      Not me personally, but for someone to take a club that expensive seriously, you figure a couple of big time pro players would be playing it if it was really that good and worth the money

      Comment

      • khightower
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2015
        • 15

        #5
        Pros get paid to play equipment or are given it for free to play. There are VERY few that play things purely based on performance. Driver and putter used to be different (Luke Donald playing TM with a Mizzy headcover). Those deals are drying up and the performance gains are getting to be negligible. If you want to look at what is the better equipment, look at the top ranked ams; they have to pay for it. I have looked at the PGX and could never justify the cost difference over the Cobra or TM.
        I will be curious to see the feedback on all those stupid weights! I spent more time adjusting weights on drivers than I did on working on my swing.

        Comment

        • Ironstrokes
          Extreme Member
          • May 2015
          • 1012

          #6
          Originally posted by khightower View Post
          Pros get paid to play equipment or are given it for free to play. There are VERY few that play things purely based on performance. Driver and putter used to be different (Luke Donald playing TM with a Mizzy headcover). Those deals are drying up and the performance gains are getting to be negligible. If you want to look at what is the better equipment, look at the top ranked ams; they have to pay for it. I have looked at the PGX and could never justify the cost difference over the Cobra or TM.
          I will be curious to see the feedback on all those stupid weights! I spent more time adjusting weights on drivers than I did on working on my swing.
          All I'm saying is with the reviews I've seen so far saying it's decent but nothing crazy special they are gonna probably need some serious fire power to sell these crazy expensive clubs. And having a nice pro or two would help that a bunch. There's a good reason why the big companies get certain pros to play their stuff

          Comment

          • mthunt
            Ultimate Member
            • Aug 2014
            • 4750

            #7
            Originally posted by khightower View Post

            Does what a pro play really influence what you play? Does it make it better?

            Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
            Does what a pro drinks to give him energy for 5 hours impact what you buy for energy?
            My Courses:
            World Par 3's by mthunt
            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
            Burlington G&CC by mthunt
            Weston G&CC by mthunt
            London Hunt Club L mthunt
            Park CC Lidar mthunt
            Sunningdale GC Robinson L
            Sunningdale GC Thompson L
            Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
            Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
            The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
            The National GC L mthunt
            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
            Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
            Markland Woods CC mthunt
            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
            Magna GC L mthunt
            Barrie CC L mthunt
            mthunt Range

            Comment

            • khightower
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2015
              • 15

              #8
              Originally posted by mthunt

              Does what a pro drinks to give him energy for 5 hours impact what you buy for energy?
              Amino Vital was the only stuff I ever tried because of tour pro use. I hate they took the quick shots off the market.

              Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

              Comment

              Working...