Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at my hmt data. Got a few questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at my hmt data. Got a few questions...

As a new gc2 hmt owner I have really been looking at my numbers and can see that with a 7 iron, for example, my club path is averaging over 9 degrees to the right, and my face to path is averaging 6 degrees closed. I really want to neutralise my path and was wondering if anyone has any tips to do so?

6 degrees closed face also seems a lot and I am also wondering if making my path more neutral will automatically sort the club face as well? Is it possible I am closing the face so much because I am coming too much from the inside, in order to stop the shot blocking to the right?

My bad shot is a pull hook and I do hit the odd shank. I lot of my hits are slightly off the heel and I do get a lot of slightly thin contacts. I hit the ball around 170 yards with a 7 iron and about 4.4 degrees down, but my dynamic loft is sometimes a bit high too, and I struggle with keeping the flight down. I suspect I may be flipping. Could swing path be a major factor in all of these issues?

Any advice on the above issues would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. Chris.

Your second paragraph is correct in that if your F2P was more neutral you would hit huge blocks.

I would recommend contacting a professional. You have the tools to provide him with all the data a good professional will need to give you some very pointed advice and drills to improve. Not saying that the interwebs aren't great just that if you have spent the money on the equipment you have , don't cheap out on the part that will properly utilize said equipment.

Also if you are hitting a 7i 170 I doubt you are "flipping". That said I've never seen your swing nor am I a golf teaching professional.

Comment

I use https://www.shankygolf.co.uk/ for online lessons with GC2 and HMT data. It works great. He knows how to interpret the data but more importantly whatever move you are likely doing that is causing the numbers. Its not always intuitive either. I am in the US and he is the UK but we use a combo of facetime and ball/club data. Works awesome.

Comment

Thanks Steve. I’ll maybe get in touch with him then. I’ve never thought about online lessons before but it sounds interesting!

Comment

Intro rate for first lesson is pretty inexpensive (compared to instructors in my area). You would likely know pretty quickly if it’s for you. I didn’t think I would like it but now I greatly prefer it to an instructor in person that doesn’t have a gc2 with hmt. My wife even took a lesson and she won’t take lessons on the range because of all the other people.

Comment

Chances are your problem is insufficient hip rotation on your downswing. Try to feel you are getting some initial separation between your hip rotation and your shoulder rotation at the start of your downswing. The other possibility is you are taking the club back way inside the line and end up with an very flat back swing.which can promote an extremely in to out downswing..

Comment

I had almost the exact same issue when I got my HMT. I figured out that I had no idea previously of where square was - you hear so much about coming from in to out that I was overdoing it. That said, I second the vote for lessons... if you're not starting from a good base, chasing the numbers may do more harm than good.

Comment

Working...
              X