Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Northern Trust !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - BMW Championship with 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Blue): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...w-championship
See more
See less

Shankygolf recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shankygolf recommendation

I had never tried an online lesson before, but had a great experience with Shane at shankygolf.com. He was recommended by several other people, so I thought I would give it a shot. He is in the UK, but gives lessons in the evenings (his time) to work with students in the US. He has a GC2 and HMT in his own studio, so he was familiar with all the data that mine provides. I just had a Facetime call with my phone propped up, and then did a screen share of FSX through Discord which was showing my ball flight, club data, and computer swing cameras. I was skeptical how much he would be able to see on a video call, but he noticed a couple of things after just three or four 7 iron swings, and he was able to record my swings on his end to show me what he was seeing. Then we spent the rest of the hour tweaking my setup for wedges and driver. The hour lesson was only $40 (intro rate), which seemed like a great value compared to $100+ that most pros around me charge. Anyway, I just wanted to give him a shout out because I like to spread the word about people who give great service, and I thought there might be other members who would like to take a lesson but still don't feel comfortable doing in-person yet, or just don't have time to drive to the course, etc. I know the golf instruction industry has been hit hard lately, but he has really adapted well and found a way to provide a lot of value with his remote lessons.

Thanks for this. I've seen some pros charging $350 per hour for a facetime lesson. i mean, that is a ridiculous amount for something that is not even face to face. I'll have to give it some thought about using Shane.

Comment

• andygg1986
      andygg1986 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that the high end of teaching pros has gotten crazy expensive. I realize it is a matter of supply and demand, and those guys only have so many hours in a day. But for a guy at my level (scratch golfer in high school, took some time off, and now hover in the high single digits because I have kids and work taking most of my time), I think Shane is plenty good enough of an instructor for me.

Originally posted by intrinsic View Post
    Thanks for this. I've seen some pros charging $350 per hour for a facetime lesson. i mean, that is a ridiculous amount for something that is not even face to face. I'll have to give it some thought about using Shane.
    Your situation is very similar to mine except for the scratch golfer piece The kids and work certainly dropped my ability to play golf. I do probably just need a Shane to help me fix some of the flaws i have.

Comment

andygg1986 thanks for the referral... I'm in a similar boat here, with kids/work and all the crap with COVID, I have barely played at all this season - it's ridiculous.... But, if I can get something moving here and complete my Sim Shed build, as I'm hoping now that the temperatures are not 90 every day, than I could afford a $40/lesson, no problem.

I'll check out the URL recommendation for sure, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X