Righty/Lefty Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Righty/Lefty Simulator

I’m on my 3rd year of Protee/TGC and I’m sitting at a 27 handicap. I’m a 6.7 index in real golf. I’ve added a horizontal camera and had Protee run through my setup again a few weeks ago. I just played my first full round of the winter and shot another 92. Several misreads with three drives in a row going 50 yards, a sand wedge going 145 yards and a 5 hybrid going 270 yards, other than that several shots seemed to be spot on. Basically I’ve grown tired of all the messing around with this system. My 10 year old is a lefty so I went to Protee because of the ease of playing both sides during a round. Can anyone recommend a system that is relatively easy to install and still good for righty/lefty? I do not care about online play or thousands of courses, at this point I’d be good with 10 courses and accuracy with simplicity. Can Protee/TGC be sold or transferred to another person? Is there a company that can maybe make transferring to another simulator relatively simple without a total loss of the 7k I’ve spent on this system.

I haven’t found gc2 to be that bad to move back and forth if you have it marked where the unit should go. If you find yourself using it a ton, I know fsx supports two gc2’s to support left and right play if you found the experience enjoyable enough and didn’t like having to swap the unit per side. I am not sure if tgc or pg support two launch monitors or not.

Comment

My neighbor has the GC2 with TGC and it works flawlessly. Of course your looking at another $5k minimum investment (ballpark) and yes you would have to move it around or have one of the rotating platforms for righty lefty play. My son plays a few times a year so it’s a consideration for sure. I also think you have to have another software system link the GC2 with the TGC? I know Protee assisted him with the installation and it performs very well. Also with the GC2 there is no having to change clubs every time you hit.

Comment

• Stingreye
        Stingreye commented
        Editing a comment
        Could be wrong but I am pretty sure protee would transfer your license to the gc2, I think they have done it for skytrak people. I would check out your neighbors setup, I don’t know if any system better indoors than a gc2, especially short game. I think your protee estimates spin, as everyone spins the ball a little differently.

I'm looking into the purchase of a GC2. Does anyone know if this interfaces with Protee and/or TGC or is their another program that integrates the system?

Comment

• Stingreye
        Stingreye commented
        Editing a comment
        Gc2 will need gsx from protee that will integrate with pro tee interface.

Check with burner he usually has used gc2s he is helping people sell.

Comment

Working...
      X