Shots gained or similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shots gained or similar

Hi all, just wondering what interesting things people are doing with the shot data from the export to CSV? It comes in a format very similar to a shots gained spreadsheet I downloaded, but would take 10-20 minutes to massage correctly given that putts are not fully recorded, the ordering is different, some of the names need to change, etc.

I could whip up a cheap and cheerful program, but not sure if someone has done the work before, or if there is already something better you guys have done/used.

At a brief thought, I think the program would need to do this:
    * Allow you to upload one round at a time
    * Ask for a played date
    * Ask you to enter (or paste) the scorecard

At that point it would then:
    * Order it the opposite, so first shot first, not last
    * Remove duplicates, eg. rewinds
    * Change the lie to match the spreadsheet
    * For every hole where we are one short of the total entered (because of gimme), add a 1y putt. Could get more accurate on this, so was 10y left, went 10.66y, it still wouldn't account for side miss of course
    * If we are still short, prompt user which shot a penalty was taken. If still short, repeat.
    * With all the above done, copy to clipboard in the format that would copy straight to the spreadsheet

It's still not pain free, or probably not bug free either, but should make it a 2 minute process to add a round played, not 10+.
Working...
X