Just picked up new Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up new Computer

Just built new computer for the sim. I was running a laptop with sub-par specs Nvidia 1050ti card was what was really under performing. So i went ahead and purchased new Alienware liquid cooled machine with an I7 9th gen processor, 16gb ram, and a Nividia RTX2080. Since my projector can only run 1080p I should have no issue running full graphics now.

Now to figure out how to transfer the software.

Sweet build

Comment

What was cost on that if you don’t mind? I need to order one too for our build

Comment

Originally posted by Tbraden32 View Post
        What was cost on that if you don’t mind? I need to order one too for our build
        Here is the link... I upgraded the graphics card to a rtx2080 which requires upgrade on power supply to 850watt and also upgraded the hard drives to (1) 512gb m.2 boot drive and 1 tb storage drive.

Honestly you dont need to upgrade the hard drives drives and rtx 2070 or gtx 1080 or gtx 1070 would be good cards to run the sim on. I just wanted to get the best available so I dont have to upgrade for a long time.

Comment

Wow, this looks like an awesome machine! And you should definitely be good on the upgrade for a good long while. I tried the game version of TGC 2019, and was really surprised to see that at roughly the same picture quality settings, it's much smoother and runs at higher FPS than the original TGC. You should be set for VR, too - have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by GolfGuy72_2000 View Post
            You should be set for VR, too - have fun!
            VR gives me wailing head aches I am fine while I am playing but once j am done I have screaming head ache and am disoriented until I sleep.

Comment

• GolfGuy72_2000
              GolfGuy72_2000 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, then you should be all set for 4K! Good luck, and enjoy the new rig!
          Working...
          X