Well, since V8burble put the time in to do the comparison, I thought i would go through and capture all the data for both. Here is the file to compare if you don't want to watch the video. I highlighted some areas i thought were major differences. Looks like GC2 may have had an issue with 2 reads and ST missed a shot.
Sidespin
Collapse
X
-
-
-
Nah, people still won't believe it. They KNOW how far they hit it.



Originally posted by jrz View PostThis is great work. I propose that the next time someone posts about their distances being off with their new SkyTrak we point them to this post and be done with that topic once and for all.
Comment
-
They did it side by side and seperate. So did I. Results were the same.Originally posted by mthunt View PostGreat video. It puts to bed the comments made to me that Skytrak has an unfair advantage. There's no possible way Skytrak is 50% off on spin. Just watch the video. Par2Pro put them beside each other which is not the right way to do it. I did this with the ES16 a few months ago but the flash was causing misreads.
Comment
-
If one postulates interference from side by side testing then placing the units facing each other isn't any better since they are now being blinded by each others flash. You might have better luck angling the units so not parallel but getting valid data from simultaneous operation is hard if not impossible IMHO.
All is not lost though since there are published Skytrak/Trackman tests showing Skytrak side spin accuracy for anyone really wondering.
Comment
-
I tested Skytrak extensively long before it was even launched. I don't even think it was called Skytrak. I know how to move the ball and I don't remember it being off. You're the only one I know of that keeps saying its 1/2. I've got to go with the masses on this one. Skytak and ES16 are not in the ball park of the GC2 in terms of ease of use and reliability but they both give reasonably accurate spin measurements in my opinion. It's also my opinion that they are a little short on carry but not by enough to get worked up about.Originally posted by tlhammond5 View Post
They did it side by side and seperate. So did I. Results were the same.
Again. My opinionMy Courses:
World Par 3's by mthunt
Toronto GC (L) mthunt
Burlington G&CC by mthunt
Weston G&CC by mthunt
London Hunt Club L mthunt
Park CC Lidar mthunt
Sunningdale GC Robinson L
Sunningdale GC Thompson L
Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
The National GC L mthunt
Mississaugua GC L mthunt
Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
Markland Woods CC mthunt
Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
Magna GC L mthunt
Barrie CC L mthunt
mthunt Range
Comment
-
Here you go. This is far more valid IMO than the par2pro al video. Let's put it to bed.1 PhotoMy Courses:
World Par 3's by mthunt
Toronto GC (L) mthunt
Burlington G&CC by mthunt
Weston G&CC by mthunt
London Hunt Club L mthunt
Park CC Lidar mthunt
Sunningdale GC Robinson L
Sunningdale GC Thompson L
Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
The National GC L mthunt
Mississaugua GC L mthunt
Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
Markland Woods CC mthunt
Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
Magna GC L mthunt
Barrie CC L mthunt
mthunt Range
Comment
-
I promise you what I'm saying g is 100% accurate. I've tested it with two seperate SkyTrac units and my findings were the same as displayed in the Par2Pro video. Put them to the test for yourself. I promise you'll see I'm correct. Of course, SkyTrac owners aren't going to say their units are inaccurate. They're not completely inaccurate. The side spin is just off. It may not appear obvious in simulation. For example... The shot dispersion of a driver at 250 yards with -1000 side spin would be about 17 yards left of target. The same shot with only -500 side spin would be about 9 yards left of target and about 4 or 5 yards longer. Not a huge difference, but it is a difference that can make a difference in scoring. How many times do you miss that gimme range by a yard or two?... I assume it's a lot, just like the rest of us. I'm not trying to create a war with anyone. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. I'm just stating facts. Test it side by side with GC2 for yourself. I won't mention another word about it. I'm actually a little sore over everyone saying I'm wrong. I've been around launch monitors and have owned numerous launch monitors over the last two decades. I owned the original Accusport Vector. I've been around these things for a long time. It took me two shots on the SkyTrac to tell the side spin was off, so I then started doing some testing and research. I thought it might have just been mine, but my neighbor bought one and had the exact same results. He sent his back this week.Originally posted by mthunt View Post
I tested Skytrak extensively long before it was even launched. I don't even think it was called Skytrak. I know how to move the ball and I don't remember it being off. You're the only one I know of that keeps saying its 1/2. I've got to go with the masses on this one. Skytak and ES16 are not in the ball park of the GC2 in terms of ease of use and reliability but they both give reasonably accurate spin measurements in my opinion. It's also my opinion that they are a little short on carry but not by enough to get worked up about.
Again. My opinion
Comment
-
Someone did, but I highly doubt the legitimacy of that video. The guy was a SkyTrac dealer and his objective was to validate the SkyTrac's accuracy. I'm asking you, and this is the last thing I will post about it... Please check it out for yourself!
-
tlhammond5 Ok, we get that you had a bad experience with your SkyTrak. Please close your argument, as you mentioned in your earlier post, and let those of us who are happy with it live in peace.Last edited by jrz; 02-03-2017, 12:31 PM.
-
tlhammond5 - "doubt the legitimacy"? It's an unedited video showing me hitting consecutive shots picked up on both systems with ball data displayed.
If this was all photoshop and CGI I'd have given myself some much needed hair on my head! I use a GC2 for personal use and love it. I couldn't care less whether people buy a SkyTrak or GC2, I intend to be a trusted advisor who will tell people that the GC2 is fantastic, but has no official support for third party software and is more costly. If official support is required or budget is limited then SkyTrak is a credible option, and if they want to buy one, I would very much like them to do so through myself.Last edited by V8burble; 02-03-2017, 10:58 AM.
-
-
Where does this come from? There's not as much dispersion until the longer clubs. Also, was this test completed indoors? TM will also show less side spin indoors due to being estimated. Just saying...Originally posted by mthunt View PostHere you go. This is far more valid IMO than the par2pro al video. Let's put it to bed.
Comment
-
It comes from Skytrak's website... http://www.skytrakgolf.com/about-sky...uct-comparisonOriginally posted by tlhammond5 View Post
Where does this come from? There's not as much dispersion until the longer clubs. Also, was this test completed indoors? TM will also show less side spin indoors due to being estimated. Just saying...
The testing was done on an indoor to outdoor range, so trackman was tracking the full flight.
Comment
-
Makes you wonder how many shots were actually hit until they were able to capture a group of numbers this close. My findings are not similar. I will close with this... If you like the SkyTrac then enjoy it and have fun. I think we've beat this horse long enough.Originally posted by jerry3 View Post
It comes from Skytrak's website... http://www.skytrakgolf.com/about-sky...uct-comparison
The testing was done on an indoor to outdoor range, so trackman was tracking the full flight.
Comment
-
Trust me, don't sweat it. You don't need to defend anything.Originally posted by V8burble View Posttlhammond5 - "doubt the legitimacy"? It's an unedited video showing me hitting consecutive shots picked up on both systems with ball data displayed.
If this was all photoshop and CGI I'd have given myself some much needed hair on my head! I use a GC2 for personal use and love it. I couldn't care less whether people buy a SkyTrak or GC2, I intend to be a trusted advisor who will tell people that the GC2 is fantastic, but has no official support for third party software and is more costly. If official support is required or budget is limited then SkyTrak is a credible option, and if they want to buy one, I would very much like them to do so through myself.
I think we've all learned something here though. Be careful when shopping for your Skytrak. Make sure you don't accidentally buy a Skytrac by mistake. We have verified, indisputable, write it in stone facts that those don't work very well.
Comment
-
I wish my skytrak showed half the sidespin... I find that it shows more curvature than it should on good shots..
Comment
Comment