Wedge Spin Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fantastish
    Member
    • Jan 2017
    • 91

    #1

    Wedge Spin Help

    Here is the deal. I have have owned a Cleveland 900 Tour Action 54 degree wedge since about 2001. When I hit this club on Skytrak off of the mat, I get about 7500 rpm spin at 100 yards. I just bought a bran new Cleveland 588 rtx 2.0 54 degree wedge. When I swing the new wedge, I only generate about 2500 rpm off of the mat. I know it has to be me, but this is driving me crazy.

    Any ideas on what causes the huge reduction in spin? Thanks for your help guys.
  • aeroburner
    Extreme Member
    • May 2016
    • 1015

    #2
    if anything you should be getting more spin as the wedge should have a ton of grip

    Comment

    • jrz
      Advanced Member
      • Oct 2015
      • 375

      #3
      Did you take the plastic off the club head?
      :-)

      Comment

      • jut111
        Member
        • Aug 2016
        • 89

        #4
        Highly doubt it's the reason for such a large drop off but they were allowed to make grooves very different back then - i.e. more spin.

        Comment

        • Lgnir
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2017
          • 248

          #5
          Are you using the same mat?

          Comment

          • Fantastish
            Member
            • Jan 2017
            • 91

            #6
            Same Mat. I am losing my mind on this one. I rechecked and the plastic is in fact removed.

            Comment

            • TorchRedRob
              Advanced Member
              • Nov 2014
              • 337

              #7
              Pro-v1 versus top-flite or something?

              Comment

              • Clevited
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2017
                • 241

                #8
                Is there any varnish or whatever on the ball from the net you hit into? I have noticed that my uv treated net leaves a varnish on the ball and can dramatically reduce friction and spin.

                Comment

                Working...