Where does the lazer need to be?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CBDBOZ
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2016
    • 234

    #1

    Where does the lazer need to be?

    I am building my hitting platform for simulator, and thought it would be useful to incorporate a track for my skytrack to run parallel to my hitting strip.

    However, if the lazer needs to be on the Ball when it is on a tee ( as opposed to the turf at the bottom of the tee) then I may have a challenge)

    At the moment I have a track that will shoot the lazer down the middle of my hitting strip)

    Appreciate some help on this..... as alternatively I will give up on the track idea and just move it when I need to.... not a biggy, but liked the idea of a track....
  • jrz
    Advanced Member
    • Oct 2015
    • 375

    #2
    The laser is just a guide - there's a bit of flexibility when it comes to ball placement.

    Comment

    • CBDBOZ
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2016
      • 234

      #3
      Enough flexibility for the bottom of the tee on a driver as well ?

      Comment

      • jrz
        Advanced Member
        • Oct 2015
        • 375

        #4
        Yes. The general guidance is to place a teed up ball a little behind the laser (since the launch angle is low) and higher launching shots (wedges, flop shots, etc) a little inside the laser.
        Last edited by jrz; 02-25-2017, 07:30 PM.

        Comment

        • CBDBOZ
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2016
          • 234

          #5
          Thanks - will give it a try

          Comment

          Working...