New Skytrak Sim Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Skytrak Sim Questions

Hi guys- new to the forum and I’ve found some great information here! However, I’d love to get some advice from experienced sim users. My setup:
    1. NetReturn with 6x10 Pro Turf Mat
    2. SkyTrak

The Pro Turf Mat, while being a perfect size for nice, reliable ball return from the net, is pretty hard. I’ve had elbow tendonitis issues, and hope to find the best way to soften the impact. I’m thinking about a carpet pad under the Pro Turf, and then maybe a softer insert placed in a cutout of the Pro Turf (TrueStrike maybe- anyone done this?). Obviously I’d need the insert fairly flush with the larger mat for accurate SkyTrak readings, which seems to be the tricky part. Any ideas along these lines would be appreciated!

Also, regarding the SkyTrak…I’ve read about a way to activate the second laser for alignment purposes, but don’t find that in any of the documentation. Is that no longer an option? Finally, what’s the best way to have 2 users track their shots/progress on the SkyTrak system? Do I need to purchase a second account for my wife?

Thanks for any ideas, and look forward to the journey!

Wellcome! The alignment is still there but before you go to the range. There is an icon of a laser level in the skytrak software, click on that, and there is an alignment mode there, do your alignments, then you have to turn it off again before leaving that screen.

Comment

I'm a fiberbuilt fan myself but there are other good options out there which it seems like you are aware of. Something to help that elbow though that you may not have heard of ;

1. Deep forearm tissue massage
      2. Myofascial release (on forearm)
      3. Theraband exercises (golf specific) https://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-Res.../dp/B00067E4YU

All of those can be very effective at managing elbow pain as well. Since in many cases your forearm (and to a lesser extent your bicep) tend to get knotted and tense and put constant tension on your tendons leading to the pain which can be alleviated by addressing the muscle with the above fixes. (not a doctor)

Comment

Thanks guys! Found the alignment. Dead, I have the Therabands but exactly been religious about them. Had a steroid injection a few weeks ago and that worked wonders, but I'm concerned that may just be masking things. Probably not the best time to be hitting off a mat...Will find a softer solution than the Pro Turf though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorShock View Post
          Hi guys- new to the forum and I’ve found some great information here! However, I’d love to get some advice from experienced sim users. My setup:
          1. NetReturn with 6x10 Pro Turf Mat
          2. SkyTrak

The Pro Turf Mat, while being a perfect size for nice, reliable ball return from the net, is pretty hard. I’ve had elbow tendonitis issues, and hope to find the best way to soften the impact. I’m thinking about a carpet pad under the Pro Turf, and then maybe a softer insert placed in a cutout of the Pro Turf (TrueStrike maybe- anyone done this?). Obviously I’d need the insert fairly flush with the larger mat for accurate SkyTrak readings, which seems to be the tricky part. Any ideas along these lines would be appreciated!

Also, regarding the SkyTrak…I’ve read about a way to activate the second laser for alignment purposes, but don’t find that in any of the documentation. Is that no longer an option? Finally, what’s the best way to have 2 users track their shots/progress on the SkyTrak system? Do I need to purchase a second account for my wife?

Thanks for any ideas, and look forward to the journey!
          Hello,
          I am fairly new myself and I also have Net Return + Pro Turf mat + SkyTrak.

I had the exact same problem as you and that is the pro turf is pretty thin. My elbows and back started hurting soon after I put it in place. There are multiple options but here is what I did...works out pretty well for me.

First off, I just added some padding underneath the Pro Turf..this is what I used

That alone improved the painful fat shots.. but of course I am never satisfied so I continued.

That was OK but then I decided I wanted a little bit better surface to place the ball and hit off of. I also thought it would be cool to be able to place tees in the turf. I therefore ordered a 10" x 30" piece of the Country Club Elite (CCE) mat and cut out a rectangle to fit it in..

Two thoughts on this:
          1. You don't need to use wooden/plastic tees they just fly off behind the net or behind you and will get lost. Use foam or tomahawk tees instead:

2. The CCE mat is thick compared to the pro turf even with the padding underneath it I referenced above. As a result, I had to upgrade to a thicker padding underneath so that my feet were level with the hitting surface of the CCE cutout mat. I went with this as a result:

Hope that info and those links help. Bottom line.. you are probably ok with just extra padding under your Pro Turf but there are definitely options to cutout "nicer" turf section to actually hit the ball. I've heard people talk nicely about the "trustrike" mats but have not tried it myself.

Comment

Working...
          X