Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Jard (NET) and @ecarl97 & @Randy (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - TGC Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - Tour Championship with 3 rounds at East Lake Simulator #1 : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-championship
See more
See less

USB connection and external monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB connection and external monitor

I have a strange issue with USB connection to laptop when using skytrak.

If I have an external monitor attached to my laptop, shots on the skytrak do not register.

I can duplicate this issue on 3 different computers. One desktop and two laptops.
    Extending the desktop and displaying on the projection screen does not make a difference.
    One desktop and one laptop both have Nvidia cards.
    One laptop has an intel video card.
    Video Drivers are all up to date.
    Direct Wi-Fi works, but misses too many shots. When USB works it is nearly flawless.

The strange thing is the first time connecting to a computer with an external display it works. After restarting the machine all lights are green but it does not register shots, remove the external display and it works.

I have various external displays that I have tested with. The all exhibit the same issue.
    All computers are Windows 10.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Paul

Paul, I think I just sent you an email (following up from support). I actually came on here now to post this exact topic to see if anyone else had experienced it. We are unable to reproduce this on our Windows 10 computers in the office, but this makes at least 3 or 4 customers that have experienced the issue. So if anyone else has these symptoms (connect unit to Windows 10 PC via USB cable and unit stops responding when HDMI cable is plugged into PC), please post up your computer specs. We are working over logs now, and would love to get this sorted asap.

Comment

Thanks Seth, I sent this info in an email but wanted to post here (for the thread).

Asus X556UA (i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz)
      8GB RAM
      64 bit OS Windows 10 Home
      Intel HD Graphics 520

Gaming Laptop
      Asus ROG G751JL (Intel Core i7-4720HQ)
      32 GB Ram
      NVIDIA GTX 970M (3gb)

Desktop (which I built)
      Motherboard is ASUS (do not recall model) Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
      24 GB Ram
      Nvidia GeForce GTX 470

The gaming laptop also has VGA connection, same issue.

Comment

Dragged out an old Lenovo Windows 7 64 bit machine (used in a photobooth). No issues

Intel Pentium CPU J2900 @ 2.40GHz
        8 GB Ram
        Using on board Intel graphics Via VGA.

This is connected to the same projector as the other 3 Windows 10 setups that are having the issue.

------------------------

1/18/2018 Turn it on this morning and am having the same issues with the Windows 7 machine.
        Last edited by Paul the Movie Guy; 01-18-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I am having this identical issue with a windows 10 PC. Was this issue ever fixed?

Comment

Working...
          X