Official v3.3.1 SkyTrak App Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official v3.3.1 SkyTrak App Release

With the exception of adding the randomizer to practice greens, this is mainly a clean-up release to take care of a few bugs uncovered in v3.3. Thanks for the continued feedback and suggestions!!

- Added Randomizer to Practice Greens
    - Added ability to select number of clubs and swing types within Wedge Matrix
    - Fixed Laser Switching (RH-LH) bug when changing activities
    - Fixed Shot Optimizer display bug on certain PC’s
    - Fixed Android export bug
    - Added export for Event Mode
    - Added Replay button to challenges
    - Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements

I have not upgraded the last few couple updates (since May/June of this year), and was wondering if I try and update the software at this point to the most recent version, would there potentially be an issue? The last time I updated I had some issues (32 bit/64 bit version update) and since then I've been hesitant to mess up what isn' broken, but I like some of the additions that have been made over the last couple of updates and would like to do so.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      This update is mostly bug fixes, so you should be fine. We ran into some issues a few updates ago with Microsoft C++ Redist package, but we've made changes to the installer to address that.

I Really enjoy the current updates, Thank you !!

I was wondering what the timeline is for the integration of R-Motion with Skytrak? I recently purchased the R-motion with Skytrak and I am very impressed. Integrating the two devices together to capture ball data using Skytrak and club data with R-Motion will be a real game changer for Skytrak. The possibilities for a real training sessions is limitless. Think about it, lesson plans could be set up and measured within the Game improvement program. Moving on from a lesson plan can only be achieved after passing the lesson. For example, setting a target distance, in to out or out to in or straight swing path(measured by R-Motion), drawing the ball right to left (for right hand player)(measured by Skytrak) within a set range(measured curve distance and actual carry distance) defined by the user and must be demonstrated 85% of the time within a user defined number of shots( 5 minimum with a max 3000 shots). The ideas and integration for real game improvement measuring both ball and club data is endless.

Not sure if my example makes sense, but I really think that integrating the two devices together will be good for both Skytrak and R-Motion(which are owned by the same company) and the end user(customers).

The ideas are endless for training and lesson plans. The sooner the two are integrated the better it will be for all folks involved !!
    Last edited by mnk91998; 10-20-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• G4zzel
      G4zzel commented
      Editing a comment
      What he Said ☝️

• StodgyBarley
      StodgyBarley commented
      Editing a comment
      This would be great! Just wondering if anyone has seen any data on the accuracy of R-Motion vs HMT. I'm not expecting them to be the same obviously but am curious.

• SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to follow up with Rapsodo on that one. I think we have their latest SDK for R-Motion. Just need to find a good time to work that in.

Finally got to try the new driving range green randomiser properly. It's an absolute game changer in my mind. I set it to a medium green size with a distance between 50 and 100 yards, grabbed my wedges and went to town. 75 shots later with an accuracy of 88% - and I'm a very happy SkyTrak owner. Such an addictive addition to the software. Really makes you focus.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Glad to hear!

SkyTrak_Seth Found a bug Today. At the closest to pin challange as Well as Target practice. I Have metric (live in Sweden) and When chosing distance the pin jumps to another distance shorter than I want.
    Ex. I enter 250meters and Skytrak placed a pin 210meters.
    Ex. I enter 130meters and the pin is placed 101meters.
    Please take a look at this.

Comment

Originally posted by G4zzel
      SkyTrak_Seth Found a bug Today. At the closest to pin challange as Well as Target practice. I Have metric (live in Sweden) and When chosing distance the pin jumps to another distance shorter than I want.
      I also found a bug in the target challenge: when playing in multiplayer with someone who is left handed, even though you set the player up as a left handed player the software doesn’t switch the launch monitor to left handed mode when it is their turn.

Comment

• dmsimm69
        dmsimm69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just curious...when you are playing with someone else who is a lefty, do you actually move the skytrak when it's their turn?? Seems like a lot of hassle to get it lined up again if you do... Again, just curious...

Originally posted by slamp View Post

I also found a bug in the target challenge: when playing in multiplayer with someone who is left handed, even though you set the player up as a left handed player the software doesn’t switch the launch monitor to left handed mode when it is their turn.
      I am having the same issue. Just spoke with Skytrak and will be sending them my data logs when I get home today. Hopefully they can do a patch for this SkyTrak_Seth.

Comment

GAMECHANGER!!
        Just need to add the option of Randomizing conditions etc.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          That's in the plan

SkyTrak_Seth I just have to say how incredible the new changes are, in particular obviously the randomizer. There are so many quality studies now that show the effect of random practice vs block practice and it's numerous benefits and this is quite literally the best tool in golf to do this. Keep up the great work and I continue to be impressed by the number and quality of the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by G4zzel View Post
          Yep, we've taken care of that one in v3.3.2. Hope to release that later this week. It's just a units of measurement bug where even though are in meters, the setup thinks are in yards.

Comment

• G4zzel
            G4zzel commented
            Editing a comment
            Great news! But If its in yards you need to double check your yard-to-meter conversion Table.
            130yards is 119m.
            101meters is 110yards
            So it seems there is more Then just a matter of lettering.

Originally posted by slamp View Post

Yep! Also got that one taken care of in v3.3.2. Coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Harch84 View Post
            SkyTrak_Seth I just have to say how incredible the new changes are, in particular obviously the randomizer. There are so many quality studies now that show the effect of random practice vs block practice and it's numerous benefits and this is quite literally the best tool in golf to do this. Keep up the great work and I continue to be impressed by the number and quality of the updates.
            Yeah, it really does make it more course-relatable. We will continue to develop around this.

Comment

Hey - updates sound fab - I noticed my auto update didn't kick in again. Assuming I can get the release from the main download page?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                SkyTrak_Seth commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, it's there. Let me check into the auto-update. Probably just a server issue again.

I had some issues with password log in. It might be worth checking that the shift key is producing capitals. I eventually got in using the caps lock for my upper case characters. It might just be fat finger syndrome but I swear I was entering correctly when using shift for uppercase

Comment

i have the same issue since updating... the first try i thought i misspelled my password or something but after 4 tries it was a bug. i had to close the program (using on pc) start again and then it let me log in.

Comment

Working...
                X