sand simulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sand simulation

Has anyone come up with a clever idea to simulate a sand lie that can still allow for proper reading of the ball by Skytrak.... and won't spread sand all over your sim room?

I have thought about this, it just doesn't seem possible. You can't have a good simulation of a sand lie without actual sand flying, and sand flying is obviously a no go with pretty much any launch monitor. Might act as chaff for a radar, and obscure view of the ball for photometric.

Comment

I tried something with a piece of fabric with the ball on top. I would try to swing the head of my sand wedge under the fabric to send the ball up. The fabric moving caused mostly misreads.

Comment

Fiberbuilt has a panel that is supposed to simulate a bunker. I have never used it but it looks like long soft fibers that the ball sits down in. I feel like I saw another one where there was a loose piece of fabric over some softer material but can’t find it.

Comment

I briefly looked into this and found two products..but have tried neither. I am skeptical though because you cannot really open the club face and drag it through as you would a sand shot. These may offer enough penalty just like sand but it seems it would only work for picking the ball off the turf such as fairway bunkers.

1. DivotAction offers a sand insert - https://www.customdesigngolf.com/div...rade-mats.html
          2. Pocket Bunker device - https://www.amazon.com/POCKET-BUNKER.../dp/B01GM22GWE

Comment

I've seen those two products advertised. The only one that seems like it might work with Skytrak is the Divot Action mat. I'd be really curious to hear from anyone who had experience with it, I haven't found any reviews online.

Comment

Working...
            X