Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Shardak (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - OHL Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Boston : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...he-rsm-classic
See more
See less

Official v3.3.2 SkyTrak App Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official v3.3.2 SkyTrak App Release

Hi all,

This is just a quick cleanup release to address some laser and units of measurement bugs that popped up in the last release. I'm actually on vacation, so I'll address any issues/questions when I get back next week

v3.3.2 Release Notes

- Fixed pin distance bug in Challenge setup if set to meters
    - Fixed display bug in Practice Greens Randomizer if set to meters
    - Fixed multiplayer Challenge bug where unit was not changing hands/laser orientation for alternating players
    - Removed ‘pitch’ swing length (instead of full) in Wedge Matrix if 3 swing lengths were selected
    - Fixed bug in Practice Greens where ground would reset to firm if user clicks ‘reset’ in settings.
    - Fixed a few export bugs related to meters

https://www.skytrakgolf.com/support/downloads

Awesome, thanks Seth! Enjoy your well deserved vacation.

Comment

The 3.3.2 updates to my iOS iPad automatically I don’t use it much, but doesn’t update to computer. Don’t get a notice to make the update. I’am still at 3.3 on computer, where can I find 3.3.2 to update cumputer.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
        SkyTrak_Seth commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry about that. Looks like the build version wasn't updated on the server to prompt for upgrade, I'll get that taken care of.

You have to go to here:
      https://www.skytrakgolf.com/support/downloads

Comment

Thanks Alphaseekr

Comment

Seth:
          Is it possible to do a challange with more than one club? Example you do 3 shots with 54 wedge, then 3 with pitch and then 3 with 7 and you get total score and a winner?
          Also, can you make something like this? Looks really fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ShszO0Ieg

Comment

Originally posted by enurs View Post
            Seth:
            Is it possible to do a challange with more than one club? Example you do 3 shots with 54 wedge, then 3 with pitch and then 3 with 7 and you get total score and a winner?
            Also, can you make something like this? Looks really fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ShszO0Ieg
            Wow, we've already designed something SCARY similar to this. Look for it in early 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post

Wow, we've already designed something SCARY similar to this. Look for it in early 2019
              A Trackman Combine esque standardised challenge with leaderboard would be amazing!

If I may give my tuppence though, Trackman Combine is too focussed on 60-100y. Something which is more in line with Mark Broadie’s work would give a much better reflection of real golfing ability (putting aside), and would give players a much better idea of where their weaknesses are and what they need to work on:

1) the number of shots in each range to reflect the number of shots in that range hit during a round of golf (eg. For me, 4 strokes from 20-60y; 2 strokes from 60-100y; 6 strokes from 100-150y; 8 strokes from 150-200y; 2 strokes from 200-250y; 14no. drives). Obviously, everybody will be different, but we can get much closer to reflecting the importance / weight of each stroke than is provided by the Combine test. If one type of stroke needs too many shots to give its importance (e.g. driving), then it can be weighted to reflect its importance.
              2) the score for each shot is based on the concept of strokes gained, rather than a linear scoring system. E.g. a 100y wedge to 1’ is worth +0.8; to 16’ is worth zero; to 30’ is worth -0.2; to 40’ is worth -0.3; to 60’ is worth -0.6 (to reflect you’ve probably missed the green); etc (numbers based approximately on Mark Broadie’s work for a USPGA pro).
              3) for driving, the scoring system would need to reflect accuracy and distance. Broadie shows that each additional 20y of distance is worth less the longer you get. Eg increasing your distance from 200y to 220y gives more benefit (~2.5 strokes) than increasing from 280y - 300y (about 0.8 strokes). Also, being 10y off line is not worth anything v being zero yards offline (off the tee), being 30y offline will on average cost you strokes, and being 60y offline is going to get you into a whole heap of trouble!
              4) no repeating of shots from the same distance (apart from maybe driving, but even then, that could be dropped into the rest of the challenge to avoid consecutive shots with one club).
              5) distances could be randomly generated within a range, but personally I’d prefer a standardised test to compare with a leaderboard / benchmark, at the expense of realism.

Hope my feedback is useful / interesting.

(P.S. @SkyTrack_Seth, at the risk of highjacking this thread, could you look at my PMs to you wrt my syncing problems).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMRICS View Post

A Trackman Combine esque standardised challenge with leaderboard would be amazing!

If I may give my tuppence though, Trackman Combine is too focussed on 60-100y. Something which is more in line with Mark Broadie’s work would give a much better reflection of real golfing ability (putting aside), and would give players a much better idea of where their weaknesses are and what they need to work on:

1) the number of shots in each range to reflect the number of shots in that range hit during a round of golf (eg. For me, 4 strokes from 20-60y; 2 strokes from 60-100y; 6 strokes from 100-150y; 8 strokes from 150-200y; 2 strokes from 200-250y; 14no. drives). Obviously, everybody will be different, but we can get much closer to reflecting the importance / weight of each stroke than is provided by the Combine test. If one type of stroke needs too many shots to give its importance (e.g. driving), then it can be weighted to reflect its importance.
                2) the score for each shot is based on the concept of strokes gained, rather than a linear scoring system. E.g. a 100y wedge to 1’ is worth +0.8; to 16’ is worth zero; to 30’ is worth -0.2; to 40’ is worth -0.3; to 60’ is worth -0.6 (to reflect you’ve probably missed the green); etc (numbers based approximately on Mark Broadie’s work for a USPGA pro).
                3) for driving, the scoring system would need to reflect accuracy and distance. Broadie shows that each additional 20y of distance is worth less the longer you get. Eg increasing your distance from 200y to 220y gives more benefit (~2.5 strokes) than increasing from 280y - 300y (about 0.8 strokes). Also, being 10y off line is not worth anything v being zero yards offline (off the tee), being 30y offline will on average cost you strokes, and being 60y offline is going to get you into a whole heap of trouble!
                4) no repeating of shots from the same distance (apart from maybe driving, but even then, that could be dropped into the rest of the challenge to avoid consecutive shots with one club).
                5) distances could be randomly generated within a range, but personally I’d prefer a standardised test to compare with a leaderboard / benchmark, at the expense of realism.

Hope my feedback is useful / interesting.

(P.S. @SkyTrack_Seth, at the risk of highjacking this thread, could you look at my PMs to you wrt my syncing problems).

Dan
                Found this which explains my thinking perfectly:
                Have you ever wondered how good your TrackMan Combine test score really was? It’s easy to look at the top of the leaderboard and see Daniel Gavins score of 93 and think fantastic score, and scrolli…

Comment

That's good stuff, thanks for posting!

Comment

Is there any way to launch the app in full screen mode? I hate the window border

Comment

• Ykaar
                      Ykaar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "Windows key + L key" togo in full screen

Is anyone having issues with shots failing to read at all? Both myself and a guy I work with have had this issue. I can’t speak for him, but for me here is what has been going on:
                    1. Got new wifi hardware in the house (went from apple to arakinis product as per recommendation of my AV guy. We have a spread out house and had a lot of coverage issues with apple and moved up to a more commercialized system).
                    2. Hard reset the Skytrak
                    3. Actually seemed to take a bit of time to connect, but finally got into network mode.
                    4. Hit a shot, nothing. Top light went red and then came back on green. Tried again a few times with same result. Finally, the last time the top light stayed red and never reset.

App is up to date, ST is plugged in and fully charged, using relatively new ipad pro, wifi download speeds over 150. I have not had a single issue with my skytrak in a year or more. My buddy cannot get the ball to read either so I am not convinced it is an issue with my wifi at this point.

Any help is recommended! Thanks!!!
                    Last edited by teamacacia; 11-08-2018, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by teamacacia View Post
                      Is anyone having issues with shots failing to read at all? Both myself and a guy I work with have had this issue. I can’t speak for him, but for me here is what has been going on:
                      1. Got new wifi hardware in the house (went from apple to arakinis product as per recommendation of my AV guy. We have a spread out house and had a lot of coverage issues with apple and moved up to a more commercialized system).
                      2. Hard reset the Skytrak
                      3. Actually seemed to take a bit of time to connect, but finally got into network mode.
                      4. Hit a shot, nothing. Top light went red and then came back on green. Tried again a few times with same result. Finally, the last time the top light stayed red and never reset.

App is up to date, ST is plugged in and fully charged, using relatively new ipad pro, wifi download speeds over 150. I have not had a single issue with my skytrak in a year or more. My buddy cannot get the ball to read either so I am not convinced it is an issue with my wifi at this point.

Any help is recommended! Thanks!!!
                      Has the lighting in the room changed? Think about non artificial lighting too, example with the change from DST recently it gets darker earlier. So is there a window in the room that use to be getting more sunlight and now isnt?

I miss about 1/4-1/5 of the shots I take on mine, but the lighting in the room is pretty terrible. At night time I lose closer to 1/2 or 1/3 of my shots.

I have a goal of remembering to buy a desk lamp from amazon so I can set it up on the hitting area. I just always forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonfish11 View Post

Has the lighting in the room changed? Think about non artificial lighting too, example with the change from DST recently it gets darker earlier. So is there a window in the room that use to be getting more sunlight and now isnt?

I miss about 1/4-1/5 of the shots I take on mine, but the lighting in the room is pretty terrible. At night time I lose closer to 1/2 or 1/3 of my shots.

I have a goal of remembering to buy a desk lamp from amazon so I can set it up on the hitting area. I just always forget about it.
                        No sir, nothing has changed. I have been hitting in my garage on this same set up for 2 years now. I very, very, very rarely will fail to pick up a shot. Used the same golf balls I have been hitting with as well.

Comment

You know your unit and set up best, sounds like hardware from my personal experience. I would suggest calling Skytrak for device support. Service is great, be patient!!

You will drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out. They will run through a troubleshooting checklist just to avoid missing the odd missed fix and if necessary they will give you a return authorization for a diagnostic and/or repair.

Comment

• teamacacia
                            teamacacia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I guess I will have to do so. I was able to direct connect and pick up a few shots. So, I backed out of everything and restarted to verify it would still connect up and continue to work....nope. Had to hard reset again to merely get into direct mode. It wouldn’t connect into network. Tried to hard reset again but then skytrak was no longer discoverable in my ipad wifi “settings”.

This shouldn’t be happening. I was using with zero issue just a few weeks ago. Now I have a glorified paper weight in my garage.
                        Working...
                        X