2 x shots with same club, very different results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 x shots with same club, very different results

Hi, I just hit a few with skytrak and 2 shots stood out to me, enough so that I'd like some feedback from clever people on what has caused the results. Both were hit with the same club and felt the same but with very different outcomes. Both hit using a 22 degree rescue wood. I'm surprised that one of the shots only went 146 yards with 93 mph clubhead speed (this speed seems unrealistic). Is it simply that the amount of backspin has killed the distance and likely cause was it was caught heavy? The other has travelled the expected distance with a much lower clubhead speed (75 mph with this club seems lower than in reality) and has ended up 33 yards left with a center strike and just 1,200 left spin, would 1,200 left spin on a center strike really send the ball 33 yards left? What's the science behind both of these results? Cheers, Dave

First thing is to ignore club speed it's calculated. What are the ball speed, spin and launch etc. etc. Do you have all the shot data for those two shots?

Comment

A couple of big things to note here, Club head speed is a calculated figure with the SkyTrak, and can not be relied on completely, also 1200 side spin can easily send a ball 33 yards left, if you also have lowish side spin,

More details will be needed to determine exactly what is going on,

Comment

My bad, I thought I posted pics, here they are.

Comment

Second looks unrealistic due to 10,000 backspin!!! I can only get that on a real hard wedge of 50 degrees or more. The first is fairly realistic. If both of those felt like good contact, then I'd say the second one was a misread.

Comment

Working...
          X