Skytrak Newbie Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak Newbie Question

I just finished building out my simulator, but I have found a couple quirks with the Skytrak software so far and I'm wondering if it is User error. Whenever I fire up the Skytrak app on my Windows PC, I can actually never find a way to exit the app unless I go to the task manager. Is that correct or am I missing a key item? It seems strange that this is the only way to exit the software. This isn't a huge deal except if I'm trying to move over and play TGC, which has the same sort of issue. I need to kill Skytrak before I can go to TGC or kill TGC to go play SkyTrak. I have the Skytrak in network mode using the wifi. I've been debating on going with a straight USB connection, but I don't like the wire. I am assuming if I do a straight connection does that limit the delay at all? Thanks and I'm sure these are remedial questions, but I work with tech all the time and this is killing me if there isn't an easier way.

If you are on a PC, you should just be able to click the X in the top-right to close it. The same as you would close your internet browser or other programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
      If you are on a PC, you should just be able to click the X in the top-right to close it. The same as you would close your internet browser or other programs.
      That was my assumption too, but I don't see an X. It's a little perplexing. I'll try to grab a screenshot later today.

Comment

Make sure you are in full screen mode if you don't see it. Sometimes when I don't have the window maximized the right side is just off the side of my computer screen, which would hide the X to close it.

Comment

To elaborate on above, if it is off your screen partially and you can't see the menu bar to drag it down, the shortcut Windows Key + Up Arrow will fit it to the screen.

Comment

I found that the direct USB connection was more reliable (I am out in my garage, so pretty far away from my router) and was faster (but then I may have just got used to the delay).

Comment

Working...
            X