Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty bad experience with the Skytrak UK based Customer Service...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty bad experience with the Skytrak UK based Customer Service...

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to share my story. No drama, but still a bit frustrating...
    I've been the happy owner of a Skytrak for a bit more than two years. But after a long inactivity period (due to the construction of my new house), I was very happy to press the "ON" button, just two months ago, in my brand new simulation room.
    Sadly, after three sessions which went well, my Skytrak could not register shots well. It was first something like 50% of unregistered shots. Then the day after 80% and the following, 100%.
    After a live chat with the support service (which I found very professional and responsive), we understood that it wasn't software related, but definitely hardware failure (the left-handed shots were registering flawlessly).

So I had to ship my Skytrak to the UK, to the European support center. They confirmed the diagnostic and sent it to the US.
    Five days ago, I was informed by email that my Skytrak was back in the UK! I've called them directly to pay the €260 for the maintenance, and the shipping back home, in Spain.

I was thrilled to get my Skytrak "good as new" and was hoping to receive it yesterday or today at the latest. So this afternoon, I've emailed the Customer Service one more time to get a tracking number...
    As an answer, I've received this email:

"Good Afternoon Fabien,
    Thank you for your email.
    Your SkyTrak will leave the states in our next shipment in which you device has not been shipped yet therefore we do not have a tracking number as of yet.
    We do keep a close eye on devices being shipped as they belong to customers.

Kind Regards,

Xxxxxx Xxxxxx
    Customer Service Advisor"

No apologies, no details, nothing... If I hadn't emailed them, they would have probably kept me in the dark for days (weeks?)...
    I've called this person a few minutes ago, and she didn't seem embarrassed by the situation, nor willing to present any apologies for the inconvenience. She finally apologized but I could feel she was really annoyed by this "stupid client"... She told me she would try to get more information tomorrow.

Is it common practice for the Skytrak Customer Service? Did anyone of you suffer the same kind of problems? Given the price of this hardware, I must say I was expecting a bit more consideration, and definitely a better communication process...

I will keep that in mind when comes the time to upgrade my hardware.

----UPDATE----
    I've received another email yesterday from the same person, who, this time, presented me sincere apologies.
    The good news is that the communication mixup is in my favour: my Skytrak is on its way to my house!
    Also, they've add two months of additional time for my Skytrak license to compensate the mistake. Very nice move, which makes my opinion totally different.
    They have a Customer Service which is responsive. Kudos to them.
    Last edited by Fabien Leduc; 03-20-2019, 04:29 PM. Reason: Problem solved! Good reaction from the company.

I sent mine to be repaired a couple of years ago and didn’t have any contact from them until the day the unit arrived at my door as I received a dispatch email that morning.
    There certainly is room for improvement when repairs are involved.

Comment

Fabien Leduc - I reached out to our UK team and they said your SkyTrak is currently in route to Spin and you will receive it tomorrow or Friday. Sorry for the inconvenience this has brought. You should be receiving an email from our support team. If you have any other questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact us!

Comment

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Jordan View Post
        Fabien Leduc - I reached out to our UK team and they said your SkyTrak is currently in route to Spin and you will receive it tomorrow or Friday. Sorry for the inconvenience this has brought. You should be receiving an email from our support team. If you have any other questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact us!
        Dear Jordan,

Thanks for your message. I've actually edited my initial post as I've indeed receive an email earlier today, full of good news.
        Very nice reaction from you guys!!!

Many thanks. I am now super excited to swing a few slices and hooks!

Comment

Working...
        X