Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Marc Andre (NET AND GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Hero World Challenge !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Presidents Cup with 2 rounds at Royal Melbourne West (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...presidents-cup
See more
See less

What's the least expensive way to create a simulation with skytrak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the least expensive way to create a simulation with skytrak?

Hi all, so I'm not new to launch monitors, I've had them prior at home. But I am new to using them to run a golf sim. So my questions is pretty basic, what's the cheapest way to setup the skytrak for simulation? Forget the ipad or computer cost, I have both already. This is just a discussion of the skytrak portion

I know I can pay the higher annual fee and use WGT on the ipad. I know I can also use their "middle" tier subscription and use a variety of simulators they support (so lower annual cost) BUT, when I've looked every one of those supported packages is outrageously expensive for purchase. Am I missing a more reasonable option on the PC side?

So which option do you find most economical?

Most economical is buy TGC2019 outright and best option imo. Then just hit into a net and buy a good mat.

Skytrak $2000 + $100 yearly sub
    Mat $250 to $750
    Net $100 to $500
    golf sim software $1000.

That's one of the cheapest ways to get a decent sim up and running

Comment

I already have the indoor setup (net,mat,projector), I had a LM before. I also have an iPad and computer. Why is a $1000 licence to tgc better than an extra $150 per year to use wgt?

Comment

Because imo TGC2019 is way better than WGT. WGT is more like a video game to me and TGC2019 is more realistic. Plus the community in TGC2019 is second to none. It also depends on what your looking for.

Comment

Fair enough. I guess I've always felt that any simulator seems more like a video game, especially chipping and putting. Even the commercial sims don't seem that real to me I guess. But I do like the wgt as a game.

Is the "computer sim experience is more real" feeling shared by others?

Comment

• SkeetShooter
            SkeetShooter commented
            Editing a comment
            TGC2019 is worlds above anything else out there right now (at this price point) I know you said you have a computer, but before you go anywhere with this, can you let us know what your computer specs are? GPU and CPU would be good to know since running TGC2019 does require a good GPU

Originally posted by Clinkinfo View Post
          I already have the indoor setup (net,mat,projector), I had a LM before. I also have an iPad and computer. Why is a $1000 licence to tgc better than an extra $150 per year to use wgt?
          The best way to see the difference between TGC and WGT is to play both. You can download the free WGT app to your iPad and play it using touch input. It’s a serviceable game, but the camera angles will sometimes make you feel like you’re “playing in a picture” rather than a simulated golf course.

If you have a console, the console version of TGC2019 is cheap (less than $20) and it will show you the difference in presentation and gameplay that TGC offers. (Or just watch the trailer) TGC is a full 3D sim. WGT looks like an old arcade game trying to use depth of field tricks to “fake” a 3D presentation.

If you’d rather just jump in, I second the recommendation to buy the sim version of TGC. It’s a superior product.

An alternate option for a SkyTrak sim is to buy Fitness Golf or Creative Golf. Both run on older hardware than TGC, and FG should even run on a newer Mac if you know how to use BootCamp.

Comment

I htink oyu'd be tired of the WGT courses pretty quick, there aren't that many of them and the play quality isn't great. TGC, you could try a one year subscription s for pretty cheap. There's E6 (or something similar) that's nicely playable but limited number of courses and they're starting this weird subscription thing, but i think you can test it for a month..
            I have TGC and TGC 2019 and it is one of the best purchases I've ever made, golf wise and winter sanity wise.
            Got TGC last Oct., lost 13 pounds playing over the winter and lost about 13 strokes on my real life game too. I'm thrilled and didn't get bored all to hell in the midwestern winter this year.

Comment

GIP with TGC 2019 lifetime would get my vote. I wouldn't waste my money on TGC yearly subscription its over half the price of the lifetime license, 2 years in and you are already losing money.
              If you don't want the initial cost hit you could buy TGC 1 lifetime for a little more than the 2019 annual subscription and then upgrade to TGC 2019. It will work out at the same price I think.

E6, Creative Golf may initially seem cheaper but with addon courses etc I just think you will end up paying more in the long run. I have no experience with Fitness golf so don't feel like I can comment on that.

Comment

I recently bought a skytrak and i'm looking into software options. I'm thinking about either getting the original tgc lifetime $500 or fitness golf lifetime $250. Fitness golf has 160 courses and it sounds like the graphics are decent but putting isn't as good as tgc. Tgc also has a thousand times more courses then fitness golf.

Comment

I echo what has been said about TGC 2019. I started with an iPad and WGT, it was a great practice tool to get you to swing different clubs. However, the features and options that come with TGC is by far superior to what you can do in WGT. Imagine playing your local goat track or Augusta with LIDAR, if there is an uphill shot or any change in elevation you will see it in TGC. Not to mention the tournaments, match play, and Ryder Cup formats against guys all over the world. GIP and Lifetime license for TGC has my vote.

Comment

And I'm pretty sure WGT is single player only.

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
                      And I'm pretty sure WGT is single player only.
                      Correct WGT is single player only!

Comment

Originally posted by Anansi View Post

The best way to see the difference between TGC and WGT is to play both. You can download the free WGT app to your iPad and play it using touch input. It’s a serviceable game, but the camera angles will sometimes make you feel like you’re “playing in a picture” rather than a simulated golf course.

If you have a console, the console version of TGC2019 is cheap (less than $20) and it will show you the difference in presentation and gameplay that TGC offers. (Or just watch the trailer) TGC is a full 3D sim. WGT looks like an old arcade game trying to use depth of field tricks to “fake” a 3D presentation.

If you’d rather just jump in, I second the recommendation to buy the sim version of TGC. It’s a superior product.

An alternate option for a SkyTrak sim is to buy Fitness Golf or Creative Golf. Both run on older hardware than TGC, and FG should even run on a newer Mac if you know how to use BootCamp.

great suggestion, thanks! I have an xbox so I'll grab tgc and give it a run.

Comment

Originally posted by Betterafter3 View Post
                          I recently bought a skytrak and i'm looking into software options. I'm thinking about either getting the original tgc lifetime $500 or fitness golf lifetime $250. Fitness golf has 160 courses and it sounds like the graphics are decent but putting isn't as good as tgc. Tgc also has a thousand times more courses then fitness golf.
                          What are the practical differences between the original tgc and the latest version? Actually, does skytrak still support the original $500 lifetime license? If so, it sounds like that might be a great option unless I'm missing something

Comment

• Betterafter3
                            Betterafter3 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You can still get the original. I haven't tried either of them so I'm not sure what the differences are.

Multiple tees, ball physics and lidar courses are some of the biggest differences.
                          Originally posted by Clinkinfo View Post

What are the practical differences between the original tgc and the latest version? Actually, does skytrak still support the original $500 lifetime license? If so, it sounds like that might be a great option unless I'm missing something

Comment

Working...
                          X