Laser issue ever since buying metal case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser issue ever since buying metal case

Is there anyway the metal protective case is causing interference with the skytrak sensors or lasers? I went from having maybe 2 or 3 miss hits with out it to easily 20+ per round and some days the laser will not stay on. when im setting up to shoot it blinks a lot, to the point i have to close the game out and walk around the garage cussing. Take the skytrak out of the metal case and it works fine. Any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks

Check your unit height compared to the mat, it changed when you put it in the case.

Comment

I have had the exact same issue. No issues ever with the plastic case, but had someone hit the unit with a bad drive - so had to go out for repair. Then I purchase the metal case to prevent further breakage. Miss reads like crazy with the metal case! I have changed lighting several times, changed the height of the unit, etc., etc. There are two of us who use the Skytrak often and we both agreed - the metal case is definitely the issue. I have since cut out all of the upright metal bars on the face of the case. Literally almost no issues since I cut out the vertical metal bars! Hope this helps!

Comment

Are you using a USB cable to connect to the computer or network mode to do it wireless? If using USB, try the wireless network mode. I'd also leave the charger unplugged to test it just to make sure its not some strange USB issue. Also, make sure the skytrak is screwed in to the case so it is aligned properly.

Comment

Maybe see if one of the old Armor cases are available in a WTB thread. I have heard from a few people that that case seems to have less issues than the skytrak official one.

Comment

Another note: I cannot screw the unit to the bottom of the case - makes the mis-reads even worse (even after I have cut out the upright metal sections). I keep the unit placed in the metal case - up against the metal. Using the 3 bottom screws seem to keep the unit back from the metal face just a bit - enough to add more misreads. I personally hate the metal case but the plastic case does not provide enough protection.

Comment

Ya someone at skytrak emailed me saying try not using the legs. I used the skytrak with no legs for 4 days and nothing changed. One round i played i had dozens of misreads on first 2 holes. Took metal case away and didnt have a misread the rest of the 16 holes. I wrote that back to support and after writing a long email detailing everything i did i got yet another response suggesting again to not use the legs. Almost like a bot response. Product is garbage, no reason i should have to use it with out the legs anyways. They charge too much for this crap to have these issues and then suggest you take a feature away like the leveling legs.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                Loved my skytrak when I had it. Mine was the plastic case before the metal one. No problems with that case.

• Kenny Zawodny
                Kenny Zawodny commented
                Editing a comment
                @wizardofcoz ya i love the skytrack when its not in the metal protrctive case. I have nearly zero issues with it and it seems super accurate. Put it in the metal case though.... Prepare for 12 misread puts in a row. Not able to use 3 wood. Counted 17 misreads with 3 wood at one point until i put it on the tee and then it read. Wish it worked it has such ease of mind but its unusable

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                Sure sounds like that case is in the way. Try putting 8 inches to the right of the red dot. Keeps the putter out of the picture taken. I had great luck that way.
            Working...
            X