Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (GROSS AND NET) winning the TGC 2019 FALL TOUR - Houston Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - The CJ Cup at Nine Bridges with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley G.C. (ProTee Green Tee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...t-nine-bridges
See more
See less

SkyTrak USB loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak USB loose

We have had our SkyTrak for going on 2 years now and have now run into an issue where the USB connection to charge the SkyTrak is really loose and will not stay without holding the USB a certain way.

I could probably open up the unit and solder the connection but don't want to void a warranty or potentially mess up the unit. Does SkyTrak fix these? I really don't want to have to purchase another unit because the USB connection to charge is loose. It's a great unit otherwise!

It sounds like the metal retaining tabs for the USB port has stretched a bit. You can just bend them back a bit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ruqSrkxNU

Comment

Originally posted by SkeetShooter View Post
      It sounds like the metal retaining tabs for the USB port has stretched a bit. You can just bend them back a bit:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ruqSrkxNU
      Unfortunately the SkyTrak unit has a micro USB port on it so that won't really work in this case.

Can anyone from SkyTrak support help?

Comment

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        They should, go to their website and use support chat. My bet you're going to have to send it back

I just sent my Skytrak in to the warranty department for this very same reason. Originally I spoke with SkyTrak and they sent a new cable out to fix the problem. That did not work. I then sent in the unit for repair under warranty. They received my unit on 8/05/19. In their Warranty/Repair instructions they said "The SkyTrak repair process is between 7-14 business 14 days from the receipt, and you will be notified of the repair status/cost via email." I was anxious to get my LM back so I called on 8/15/19. They told me they had no update yet and to call on 8/19/19. Which is fine because they have up to 14 days. When I called backed on 8/19/19 I spoke with Monica. Not sure what department she in but she told me the unit was checked and sent back to me and no problems were found. I am very disappointed that I was not give a status before they sent the unit back and that Monica did not have any real information to give me. I would have to bend the cord on severe angles to get the unit to charge. Which meant I could not play while the unit was charging because any movement would stop the charging process. At this point I demanded to speak with someone else. I am now waiting for a Team Leader to give me a call back. SkyTrak_Seth Maybe you can chime in to help resolve this problem.

BrandonM. I'm sorry to rant on your post. I will update after speaking with a SkyTrak Team Leader or if I here from Seth.

Comment

I was concerned about attaching/re-attaching the micro USB so I put a short micro USB cable with a regular female end and detach it from a regular USB going to the computer instead of at the SkyTrak, easier to line up, less stress on the unit's connector. (Which is kind of hard to get at with the metal case)

Comment

Originally posted by Jayzeze
          When I called backed on 8/19/19 I spoke with Monica. Not sure what department she in but she told me the unit was checked and sent back to me and no problems were found. I am very disappointed that I was not give a status before they sent the unit back and that Monica did not have any real information to give me. I would have to bend the cord on severe angles to get the unit to charge. Which meant I could not play while the unit was charging because any movement would stop the charging process.
          If you plugin the micro USB and just let it sit it does not charge so they should be able to see this. I would not be happy either in your case. Hopefully they can help!

Originally posted by trhuke View Post
          I was concerned about attaching/re-attaching the micro USB so I put a short micro USB cable with a regular female end and detach it from a regular USB going to the computer instead of at the SkyTrak, easier to line up, less stress on the unit's connector. (Which is kind of hard to get at with the metal case)
          After I got the wireless connection working better, we don't even have the unit plugged into the computer, just constantly plugged in to stay charge as you can't play a full round with more than 2 people on a single charge so it doesn't get near the stress it did.

I ended up Duck taping it creatively to keep the cord in a position that it would charge so that we could play the rest of the winter, but that's really not acceptable for a unit that was over $2000.

Comment

I had the same happen to my unit years ago when they came out. Sent it in and they fixed it but now is happening again. I'm afraid this one might have to be on my dime?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonM View Post

If you plugin the micro USB and just let it sit it does not charge so they should be able to see this. I would not be happy either in your case. Hopefully they can help!
              Its very finicky. Sometimes I plug it in and its starts charging but any little movement stops it. I'm lefty so when I have four people playing I have to charge it later in the round and 99% of the time I cant get it to charge while playing. It's just too hard to get in a position where it wants to charge. What really upsets me is that they never called or emailed letting me know the status. I would be able to explain the situation better and maybe get it resolved. I still haven't received the call they promised but they still have a couple hours before the 24 return call they promised. We will see.

Comment

Working...
              X