Skytrak laser intermittent behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak laser intermittent behavior

I have searched the forum and can’t seem to find a solution. The laser will go out occasionally, sometime mid swing, sometimes at address. If I watch the laser for a bit it will sometime blink off for a few moments and then come back on. It’s really frustrating. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

No answer, but it happens to mine too. I always assumed it is picking up some sort of movement and evaluating it, but I haven't experimented to see what it might be.

Comment

Chansen is correct. It's picking up movement of some kind in the hitting area. It comes back on when it determines it wasn't a golf shot. Could be anything from your shoe or a club, try it out.

Took my Skytrak outside to my backyard one day and had this really annoying problem with mosquitoes being the culprit by buzzing around the lens haha. Last time I ever did that!

Comment

Hmmm I can’t see that being possible unless it’s dust or something. I can be frozen over a putt and I it flash off.

Comment

Shadows from my club moving and the overhead light will cause this to happen occasionally.

Comment

i'd look behind you and at your mat. not what you or the club are doing. Skytrak isn't "looking" at the ball assuming you place it on or behind the red dot, until it travels into it's viewing window.

Comment

I have mine set up permanently in my basement but can only hit 9 irons because of the ceiling height. When it’s really cold outside here in St Louis my unit does that. I was told it’s because of static electricity. It’s a CCE mat lying on carpet in the basement. Skytrak told me to use network mode instead of direct mode and it works fine when I switch it. I never have any problems in the spring, summer or fall months with direct mode. Also during the winter direct mode sometimes doesn’t work in the basement but when I set up in the garage on concrete floors I have no issues with static electricity. Not saying this is your problem but static electricity in the winter months is a thing.

Comment

Working...
              X