Skytrak not working with TGC, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak not working with TGC, please help

So I purchased the Skytrak. Excited to try it I turned it on and get to the practice area and everything seemed good, it worked for a 10min range session and a couple minutes on the putting green. It did not like my putting stroke so I decided I would close the game and put the straight putt patch on in the settings. Now I connect my skytrak in the interface and it goes green and ready but as soon as I hit play game the top light goes red and stays that way? Any help would be greatly appreciated

When I use the skytrak app it works fine? What have I done that It won’t work with TGC anymore?

Comment

Can you go back and undo what change you made in the settings, See if it starts working again? Not sure if a bad setting would stop it working but it sounds like the only thing that has changed since you did have it working.

Comment

Is it possible you added a space or an extra character when you changed the settings? I assume when you say you were at the range, you were at the TGC range? Also, are the bottom two lights Green and the top one is solid red? If I recall correctly, I would start the skytrak app, make sure everything is connected properly, close the skytrak app and then open TGC. There should also be a skytrak settings for TGC app that shows your license is valid etc. I believe that needs to be running to connect to TGC. Hope that helps.
        --
        What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

• Bender96
          Bender96 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, sorry I did not word that very well. This is happening in TGC and was on the TGC range. I open the TGC interface shortcut, I then hit connect box, it will connect and all lights in the unit go green and the red laser comes out of the unit. I then hit play game down in the bottom right of the interface and the top light goes red, the bottom 2 lights stay green and the red laser goes away. I’ve found that if I connect the box in the interface shortcut and then go back to the desktop and open the game through the shortcut on the desktop, I have better luck but sometimes the unit gets lost in game (I Am a lefty and when closing out a range of something the unit switches back to right handed) I’ve though about getting a wifi booster into my garage. Not sure if this is the problem because I seem to have good internet out there, but I’ve spent so much money on skytrak/tgc that I don’t mind giving that a shot, just so I can enjoy my purchases. Anyways thank you for the help

• mikemcd22
          mikemcd22 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s a strange issue. Sounds like you are doing everything right. I don’t think it’s a connectivity issue based on the light pattern. Just the same, if you are going to extend your network, I would suggest going with a mesh network, not a range extender as they tend to be more reliable.

• Bender96
          Bender96 commented
          Editing a comment
          I ended up buying a 15ft micro USB and went that route, it has worked great since. Ideally wanted to use it wirelessly but I am up and running and am happy about that. Thank you for the advice, very much appreciated

Here's the file that shows the light patterns for skytrak: https://www.skygolf.com/skygolf/supp...ion_Guide.ashx
        --
        What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

Thank you for the reply’s. I will try some more tonight, it seems to work for a bit if I use the shortcut on the desktop instead of hitting the actual play game button on the interface shortcut.

Comment

Make sure you're not running the SkyTrak app and TGC at the same time.

Comment

• Bender96
              Bender96 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was only running the one program but thank you for the tip!
          Working...
          X