Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different stats between Skytrak and TGC 2019

I am finding a little discrepancy between club

I am finding the club head speed on the skytrak driving range to be 5-10 mph less than TGC 2019? Anyone else see this. I typically drive the ball between 220-230 with club head speed in low 90s. Using the skytrak driving range I am usually between 84-87 mph with club head speed. When I play a round of golf on TGC 2019 my club head speed is 90-95? Any explanation?

Comment

Neither Skytrak nor TGC measure club head speed. If there is a number on there it is calculated (estimated). You ball speed should be the same on both because TGC is getting the data straight from Skytrak. If that is different then there is an issue.

Comment

Thanks...so I should just pay attention to ball speed and total distance when I practice on the skytrak driving range? I have been concerned at the low swing speeds

Comment

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          Ball speed, spin and carry only.

So total distance is not correct either? Just the carry distance?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe M View Post
          So total distance is not correct either? Just the carry distance?
          Total distance is "correct" based on the conditions they have you hitting on. Roll out is so subjective and is impossible to accurately account for on a launch monitor. Carry distance is accurate. The amount of roll out is going to be an estimate on any launch monitor (not just skytrak).

A better thing to pay attention to is angle of descent. If you're less than 40 degrees you can generally anticipate some roll out in real life conditions. If you're above 40 degrees, your ball is falling pretty steep and probably can't count on much roll. But again, trying to measure how far a ball will roll on the ground is impossible.
          Last edited by 3on3putt; 02-06-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
            X