Driver setup on Skytrak

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bubba22
    Sim Guru
    • Aug 2014
    • 3004

    #16
    Wrightson is this indoors or outside range?

    Comment


    • Wrightson
      Wrightson commented
      Editing a comment
      Indoors, I am going to take it to the range tonight
  • Wrightson
    Junior Member
    • May 2015
    • 26

    #17
    My course yards are measured with gps. I'm am factoring out wind and uphill vs downhill.
    My set up is level and same hight as hitting mat. I use prov 1 and prov1x . I tried the E6 straight flight balls and they do spin less but the ball speed is less which gives less distance.
    I am more than happy with the irons seems to be incredibly accurate. Hitting 4 iron 195, 5 iron 185, even my 3 hybrid Is on hitting it 215.
    Just wondering if anyone else is seeing low drivers.

    Comment

    • Wrightson
      Junior Member
      • May 2015
      • 26

      #18
      Could the lighting effect the camera? I have a large fluorescent light above the hitting area

      Comment

      • DeaconBlooze
        Offline
        • Apr 2015
        • 128

        #19
        I've been curious about optimal lighting, as well. Also, what distance does the Skytrak actually track the ball? From the documentation I've seen, it looks like it's only a couple of feet at the most. I wonder if the unit is more accurate if it's able to track the ball over a longer distance, or if that truly doesn't matter.

        Comment

        • foggedz
          Member
          • Dec 2014
          • 43

          #20
          It looks like the carry distance is accurate compared to Trackman's distance chart. The big difference is the roll out that Trackman gives VS Skytrak. IMO Trackman has way too much roll out on the basic chart that they show online. It gives 50 yards or more for all types of drives.

          Comment


          • Wrightson
            Wrightson commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree the math is right, I am saying that in real life I hit it farther swinging less effort. I need another device to verify the swing speed
        • Bubba22
          Sim Guru
          • Aug 2014
          • 3004

          #21
          Focus on the carry distance. Roll out depends on so much ground factors. Take it to the range and see if it measures the carry close. Mai sur its level etc. Grass reading ar not a good as off a mat, I might add!

          Comment

          • NOstroke
            Junior Member
            • May 2015
            • 7

            #22
            Realize that the distance and carry are mathematical calculations and there is always going to be some error. Focus on the Launch Angle and ball speed. I've got about 3-weeks now working on this with the monitor and my distance are improving on the course. My swing speeds are about 105 average with 14deg launch and 2,100 spin. most shots on the course are about 280-290 depending on ground factors. If you want to be totally accurate on Irons, Have a buddy stand downrange, Hit 25 balls with say a 7 iron, then have your friend mark the landing (not where it ends up) of each ball with a surveyors flag, throw out any fliers, then take an average. this will be the most accurate way to measure, then go to the Skytrak and see if you get similar results. Lighting and making sure the logo is facing the unit seem to help.

            Comment

            • Jimsol
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2015
              • 112

              #23
              Can anyone tell me if they have issues with the White headed drivers. I have seen some conflicting comments and would just like to know if this is a big deal. I am just about ready to pull the trigger and by the skytrak, but I do have the Taylormade R15 and am hoping that I can use it?

              Comment

              • wbond
                Ultimate Member
                • Oct 2014
                • 3489

                #24
                I use an R11s with no issue.

                Comment


                • luv2golf
                  luv2golf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  White or black shaft?

                • wbond
                  wbond commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Black shaft
              • SkyTrak_Seth
                Manufacturer
                • Nov 2014
                • 1603

                #25
                Yeah, if you have a fast swing speed, you may just need to move the ball position back just a touch - it keeps the club head out of the picture. I have a white TaylorMade as well and have no issues.

                Comment

                • Ryan5508
                  Advanced Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • 309

                  #26
                  I just received my skytrak 3 days ago and have similar issues. I gamegolf all my rounds (70+ this year) and use my garmin watch.

                  With a driver I can easily hit 270-300 yards. The skytrak reads 200 to 225 at the most after many hits. It seems to get worse and worse with the longer iron/woods I use. And the driver is way off.

                  I have it level and set to the hitting mat height. any ideas? It is one of the demo units if that helps.

                  Comment

                  • Mike80
                    Super Member
                    • Oct 2014
                    • 638

                    #27
                    I have a Skytrak that was not a demo unit. I also experience drives 20 yards short. Skytrak said in the next release (ver.2.1) I think, they are increasing high speed shots 4% more.

                    Comment

                    Working...