Broken OG skytrak

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jovi1010
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2024
    • 2

    #1

    Broken OG skytrak

    Hello,

    Ive had the OG skytrak for 9 years now! nothing but positive things to say about it. Unfortunatley the USB connector broke on me a month ago. I am into lithium batteries so i ended up by passing the charging port (and therefore giving up on usb connection) and putting in an external battery that I could charge on my own. It worked for about 10 sessions.

    Yesterday, when i pressed the on button... no lights came on. I fiddled around with it for a while but no luck. Believe it or not I can actually HEAR the machine running but no lights or no signs of connecting when using skytrak/TGC2019. So 2 things.

    1) Does anyone have any recommendations for trying to get it up and running properly?

    2) Is it worth it at this point to send it in for repair? Am I better off just buying another used one or maybe even upgrading to skytrak+/Eye mini?

    Would love to hear some thoughts and opinions. Thank you
  • Rafalt
    Member
    • Apr 2015
    • 66

    #2
    Hi, Please visit service where mobile phone or other electronics is reapered. They shall quicly inatall new USB port.

    Comment

    • Jovi1010
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2024
      • 2

      #3
      It's past that point. The board has been damaged and now even with a battery it's not turning on. But yes...I should have done that before I started tinkering myself.

      Comment

      • SkyTrak_Jordan
        Manufacturer
        • Oct 2018
        • 95

        #4
        It's probably worth sending in for a repair. Contact our support team via the link below, and our team will handle the RMA process

        Comment

        Working...