Skytrak Unregistered Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak Unregistered Shots

It is officially time for this topic to get its own thread. Enough people have mentioned it in various other conversations on this board and it has been glaringly ignored by SkyTrak_Seth.

Many of us have been experiencing a significantly higher number of unregistered shots in both the Skytrak app and TGC. It is difficult to define exactly when this problem started, but it seems that the consensus is that it began around when the version 2.3 applications were released and, as a result, firmware version 1.5 was installed on the Skytrak device.

While I can't speak for everyone else on this forum I can say the following for certain:

1) The number of unregistered shots has dramatically increased since the timeframe mentioned above.

2) Unregistered shots do not seem to be shot type dependent. For example, I will often hit a slightly thin or fat shot which registers as expected and follow this with a perfectly hit shot which is not registered (this sucks, btw - it never fails to pick up shanks but does fail to pick up shots that are seemingly perfectly struck).

3) The unregistered shots are not due to ball position or the height of the Skytrak unit. I have tried every standard suggestion and am very good at placing the ball a bit behind the laser dot for drives, a bit in front of the laser dot and closer to the unit for pitches, etc. I have tried raising and lowering the height of my Skytrak unit. SkyTrak_Seth - please do not come back and suggest playing with ball position to remedy unregistered shots. We have all tried this and the problem persists.

4) The dramatic increase in unregistered shots has made play in the Skytrak app and TGC much less enjoyable. Every time the Skytrak fails to pick up a shot in TGC it is almost comical because of how frequently this happens during a "live" TGC round.

5) The dramatic increase in unregistered shots has made playing with friends (locally) a nightmare. I have had to apologize to them for how often it occurs, deliver instructions on the "ball position fixes" to my fellow players, etc. Often another unregistered shot occurs right after my vehement defense of Skytrak and it just makes me look like an ass.

SkyTrak_Seth - please officially address this issue. When I first purchased my Skytrak unit I thought that the shot delay would be so frustrating that it might be the Achilles heel of the device and cause me to return it and spend the extra money for a GC2. The shot delay turned out to be fine (about 2 seconds for me in both the Skytrak app and TGC). Every time another shot is not registered, however, I have to take a deep breath and my mind inevitably starts thinking about how the extra cost of the GC2 would be worth it because of the minimal delay and it's proven reliability to register shots. I am now on the fence about keeping the Skytrak and have begun the process of figuring out how I would explain to my girlfriend if I were to spend the extra funds for a GC2 (even though we are not married yet she is still the boss.... ;-) )

Woot woot! Glad to be of service!

Comment

Originally posted by jrz View Post
      It is officially time for this topic to get its own thread. Enough people have mentioned it in various other conversations on this board and it has been glaringly ignored by SkyTrak_Seth.

Many of us have been experiencing a significantly higher number of unregistered shots in both the Skytrak app and TGC. It is difficult to define exactly when this problem started, but it seems that the consensus is that it began around when the version 2.3 applications were released and, as a result, firmware version 1.5 was installed on the Skytrak device.

While I can't speak for everyone else on this forum I can say the following for certain:

1) The number of unregistered shots has dramatically increased since the timeframe mentioned above.

2) Unregistered shots do not seem to be shot type dependent. For example, I will often hit a slightly thin or fat shot which registers as expected and follow this with a perfectly hit shot which is not registered (this sucks, btw - it never fails to pick up shanks but does fail to pick up shots that are seemingly perfectly struck).

3) The unregistered shots are not due to ball position or the height of the Skytrak unit. I have tried every standard suggestion and am very good at placing the ball a bit behind the laser dot for drives, a bit in front of the laser dot and closer to the unit for pitches, etc. I have tried raising and lowering the height of my Skytrak unit. SkyTrak_Seth - please do not come back and suggest playing with ball position to remedy unregistered shots. We have all tried this and the problem persists.

4) The dramatic increase in unregistered shots has made play in the Skytrak app and TGC much less enjoyable. Every time the Skytrak fails to pick up a shot in TGC it is almost comical because of how frequently this happens during a "live" TGC round.

5) The dramatic increase in unregistered shots has made playing with friends (locally) a nightmare. I have had to apologize to them for how often it occurs, deliver instructions on the "ball position fixes" to my fellow players, etc. Often another unregistered shot occurs right after my vehement defense of Skytrak and it just makes me look like an ass.

SkyTrak_Seth - please officially address this issue. When I first purchased my Skytrak unit I thought that the shot delay would be so frustrating that it might be the Achilles heel of the device and cause me to return it and spend the extra money for a GC2. The shot delay turned out to be fine (about 2 seconds for me in both the Skytrak app and TGC). Every time another shot is not registered, however, I have to take a deep breath and my mind inevitably starts thinking about how the extra cost of the GC2 would be worth it because of the minimal delay and it's proven reliability to register shots. I am now on the fence about keeping the Skytrak and have begun the process of figuring out how I would explain to my girlfriend if I were to spend the extra funds for a GC2 (even though we are not married yet she is still the boss.... ;-) )

This is exactly the problem I have always had with my ST. I have had it 1.5 yrs and barely used it because of these issues. Had been too busy with work and life to deal with it. Finally getting some time to try to get it fixed.

Item number 2 and number 3 from the OP are spot on. Also, I have tried the unit outside of the protective case and the problem was not improved. The unit has never taken even the slightest bump from anything and I bought it brand new.

I have never been able to get the wifi direct connection to work with my pc. having tried multiple times since buying the unit. there is no help file or explanation I can find to fix this issue.

I tried connecting it to my android device via wifi direct. I was able to get it to connect but it failed to register 40% of the shots. Sometimes the lights would be RGG on no read, and sometimes it would have GGG and laser would never even turn off.

What do I do? sell it? hate to sell something that seems to be malfunctioning.

Comment

After a few surprisingly good sessions, the skytrak was back to its old tricks, not reading shots tonight. About 30% misreads, all on my best struck iron shots. Connected PC via USB.

Comment

Greasegun , I wonder if you may have an issue with your laser curtain. Let me send you a PM to see if we can work something out for getting it sorted.

Comment

• Greasegun
            Greasegun commented
            Editing a comment
            Lets give it a shot

• Greasegun
            Greasegun commented
            Editing a comment
            SkyTrak_Seth no PM recieved. Did you send? Thanks

SkyTrak_Seth no pm?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post
            Greasegun , I wonder if you may have an issue with your laser curtain. Let me send you a PM to see if we can work something out for getting it sorted.
            Yes that sounds good SkyTrak_Seth. Looking forward to trying something

Comment

Working...
            X