Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports Coach GPS – Poor shot detection (+ more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Coach GPS – Poor shot detection (+ more)

Hi,
    I am a member of Nuuk Golf Club, a very small golf club located in Nuuk, Greenland. Due to the artic climate, our outdoor season usually only lasts about 3 months. The rest of the year, we are playing indoor on our two Sports Coach GPS simulators.
    This season I am in charge of “maintaining” the simulators – and I hope to improve the overall gaming experience. The last couple of years, the simulators have had more and more technical difficulties – especially with poor shot detection, really bad reads (distance not at all comparable to actual shot) an no ball/shot detection at all.
    In the end, several members have stopped playing as frustrations during gameplay has become too much.

Computer: Windows 10 (updated with 2004 build),
    Camera: uEye UI-122xLE series
    Software: Sports Coach GPS, version xx.xx

Simulator installation/setup:
    • Lighting: Low voltage lighting
    • Carpet/hitting mat: See pictures (I might suspect the carpet to be too reflective)
    • Projector: Panasonic PT-FX400E (needs to be replaced – advice is more than welcome)
    • Room in general: Room lighting fixtures are with old fluorescent tubes

With only approx. 70 members in total, the clubs overall economy does not have any room to invest in new state-of-the-art golf simulators such as TrackMan etc. So all help and input is truly welcome.
    The above-mentioned details are just what I believed might be relevant. If more details, extra pictures or better explanations could help the troubleshooting, please let me know.
    (You might already guessed it, but English is not my first language – so I do apologize if something is written completely wrong)

Thanks in advance,
    Jonas

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5872.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	286554 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5873.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	286552 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5874.jpg