Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Brandon Jeffrey (NET) and @ecarl97 winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - Safeway Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - CIMB Classic with 2 rounds at Kapalua Bay Golf Club : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-cimb-classic
See more
See less

Tps 6.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tps 6.0

I received my download invite for TPS 6.0 this morning only and thought I’d start a new thread given how significantly different this new version is. I’m unfortunately away at the moment, but the changes include:

1. New driving ranges
    2. Virtual Golf
    3. Impact location
    4. On course practice
    5. Par 3 games
    6. New interface

I will have to give it a try, but TM already had what I would consider the best software from a practice perspective and now I think they have taken a huge step forward for others to follow.

I will test the impact location and update. Because of the nature of highly calibration needed for each clubs, I don't think it'll accurately capture than Foresight GC in my opinion. I bought a measure tape but it really wasn't easy measuring exact where the hosel was to the center of the club on a vertical off, as it is only a few millimeters apart.

Comment

I would hope this would be something that the manufacturer could provide. Also, in time I hope this would be included within the software where you can select and it is all preloaded. That is the experience that I think most would come to expect from TM.

Comment

would love to see the virtual golf stuff.

Comment

The virtual golf is basically JNPG with a new UI.

Comment

Where did you read that is JNPG? Would love to know that for sure

Comment

Trackman bought perfect parallel the developers of JNPG Perfect Golf, all the videos are of the same courses that come with JNPG and the graphics look identical apart from a different UI.

Comment

I can confirm that it is JNPG as well.

Comment

Graphic is slightly updated compared to JNPG as I can tell by the trees in the course and etc. I wouldn’t say identical to JNPG but more like JNPG 1.5 (like HD enhanced). Ball physics seems to be the same. It is essentially the same game with updated graphics and interface. The options need some update (i.e. putt gimme only being 8ft at the least).

Comment

Hi Leo, you have both jnpg and trackman sim, maybe you could post some videos or screenshots of the same holes so we can see the differences?

Comment

• LEO MODE
                      LEO MODE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can definitely try to do that. I can use TM4 with trackman sim and GC2 with JNPG. It is just time consuming where I have to set up the video and everything and I’m not really good with videos. I am a numbers guy so good with Excel lol. I do have a Nvidia screencast so maybe that can do it right? Teach me how to do some video editing and set up or what not so I can help people in the forum.

• Stingreye
                      Stingreye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Leo I can help you with OBS. It’s the easiest to use and setup.

You can use nvidia screen-cast for it and it will save the video to drive. Upload it to youtube and you can keep it unlisted or private and edit it through there.

Comment

• LEO MODE
                      LEO MODE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I tried it long time ago but my quality was really bad. i'm wondering why i can't do 1080p as my graphic card is 4k.

• golfyn
                      golfyn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You have to up the bitrate and set it to a resolution in the settings. I had to do this as my first video was 480p and the bitrate was really low.

Open up shadowplay(that is what its called through Geforce experience) Go to settings and take a look at the resolutions for recording. Up the bitrate and you should be good to go.

• LEO MODE
                      LEO MODE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I gave it a try for practice. So it saved a local video file and quality is good at 1080p. However when i upload it to youtube its like 480p really blurry. Any idea?

It should be fine, Check the video now. I know at first upload its 480 but youtube creates multiple resolutions.

DO you have a link to the video? I would like to see if I only get 480p as well or if I get multiple resolutions to select from.

Comment

• LEO MODE
                      LEO MODE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don’t have it at the moment. I will probably do it end of this week as I am getting my new unit soon so I can do side by side comparison.

• golfyn
                      golfyn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds Good

What new unit or you getting Leo? Did you decide to get a new GC2?

Comment

• LEO MODE
                      LEO MODE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Got a new gc2 and hmt to compare more extensively vs trackman. Gcquad data didn’t seem to improve data accuracy vs gc2+hmt when I tested and it was more of a convenient feature upgrade. More importantly currently gc quad didn’t have sim flexibility so got gc2+hmt. For simulator game purpose GC2 is the king in my opinion. Trackman just doesnt track putts all the time and it is really annoying. But GC2 also needs to have similar spin axis as sometimes it is way too left.

I will do more testing and let you know.

Look forward to hearing of your continued results. To date they are the most unbiased and thorough out there.

Comment

• LEO MODE
                      LEO MODE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks. I always try to be objective as possible because at the end of the day, whatever's accurate is what I wanted. I do own both devices because I think they're very close to being the most accurate devices out there. Just a few stuff here and there that they're not 100% accurate.

This time around, what I'm going to test out is:

*Impact location comparison
                      *Brand new GC2's spin axis differentials (by testing it out in different hitting windows from GC2)
                      *Club head data comparison (especially club path)
                      Last edited by LEO MODE; 05-09-2018, 04:21 PM.

I’m looking forward to your results as well, Leo.
                    Thank you for taking the time and effort.

Comment

Working...
                    X