Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @allen2be (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - The Players Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Valspar Championship with 2 rounds at New Mississaugua G&CC white : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-championship
See more
See less

Trackman 3e indoor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackman 3e indoor

Hi guys, I recently picked up a Trackman 3e to help me understand and improve my golf game IRL. Currently I have been using a GC2 and TGC for simulation. I have a few questions that I am sure someone can help with:
    1. What are my options for using TM for simulation?
    2. Can I continue to use GC2 + TGC for simulation and collect club data using TM.
    3. Do I need dots on golf ball to get accurate indoor spin data.
    4. My distance to the from ball to screen is 11 feet and my distance from ball to Trackman is 9 to 11 feet.

1 - I don't know all the options - but TruGolf E6 supports TM integration. Probably JNPG as well (since TM recently bought that as their primary sim software).
    2 - yes - although you may have to stick to using a tablet for the TM data. No idea if you can run both software at the same time on a PC.
    3 - yes.
    4 - Pretty sure that should be enough. At least it is for flightscope so I assume TM should be able to handle that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle1 View Post
      Hi guys, I recently picked up a Trackman 3e to help me understand and improve my golf game IRL. Currently I have been using a GC2 and TGC for simulation. I have a few questions that I am sure someone can help with:
      1. What are my options for using TM for simulation?
      2. Can I continue to use GC2 + TGC for simulation and collect club data using TM.
      3. Do I need dots on golf ball to get accurate indoor spin data.
      4. My distance to the from ball to screen is 11 feet and my distance from ball to Trackman is 9 to 11 feet.
      1. Answered above plus e6. You will have to update the subscription in order to use TPS plus TM sim software.

2. I suspect so using the app and a iPad.

3. Yes

4. I would go 9 feet for TM behind you and go to 12 feet ball to screen. What have posted is fine but why not add a foot for your drives, especially if you have high swing speed and low spin drives.

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        If he only cares about club data for TM, why go so far from the screen?

Just run your GC2 as you normally do and run the TM at the same time with TM software. Use two monitors. My golf coach does this all time. Doing it this way you don’t need stickers because ball data doesn’t matter.
      Last edited by mthunt; 02-26-2019, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
        Just run your GC2 as you normally do and run the TM at the same time with TM software. Use two monitors. My golf coach does this all time. Doing it this way you don’t need stickers because ball data doesn’t matter.
        That was my plan, glad to see that you have seen a setup used that way. Thanks guys

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          Works great. I’ve used it lots of times with both FSX and TGC

I have both the gc2 and trackman 3e it looks like the gc2 is consistently more left, is there a fix for this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle1 View Post
          I have both the gc2 and trackman 3e it looks like the gc2 is consistently more left, is there a fix for this issue?
          Turn it to the left or turn the trackman to the right. One is wrong.

Comment

Have you tried your trackman with the new E6 connect Demo works great for flightscope

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

Turn it to the left or turn the trackman to the right. One is wrong.
              He's probably referring to the left bias on GC2. Eagle1 did you test this outdoor? GC2 generally has a slight draw bias outdoor (spin axis slightly being more left). But if it's indoor you will see a lot of spin axis discrepancies on Trackman side (sometimes totally going more to the left or right, unpredictable) so GC2 will be a better representation.

Comment

Originally posted by LEO MODE View Post

He's probably referring to the left bias on GC2. Eagle1 did you test this outdoor? GC2 generally has a slight draw bias outdoor (spin axis slightly being more left). But if it's indoor you will see a lot of spin axis discrepancies on Trackman side (sometimes totally going more to the left or right, unpredictable) so GC2 will be a better representation.
                So if it’s aimed right aim it more left

Comment

Working...
                X