Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Marc Andre (NET AND GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Hero World Challenge !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Presidents Cup with 2 rounds at Royal Melbourne West (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...presidents-cup
See more
See less

New to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this

Hi I'm in the process off buying a trackman and getting confused with which way I should go about it regards iPad or pc which is the best for the simulator.
    Also not sure which package I should go for any help would be great

Go with a PC. I would also get a very high end graphics card. I don’t think you can do simulation on iPad. The iPad only works in practice mode.

Comment

Thanks for reply Eagle1 I said trackman I meant skytrack

Comment

How are you planning to set up your simulator? The Skytrak can function just fine as a simulated practice range using an ipad only. That's how I started--hitting into a net with an ipad on a stand to watch the ball flight and stats. With an impact screen/projector you can still use the ipad for the range. The Skytrak does has sim play through the WGT app on the ipad using the play and improve package, but it's pretty weak and you'll probably be disappointed. Better to just stick with the game improvement package and if you want to do actual simulation course play get a computer and better software like TGC2019.

Comment

Thanks what in every1s opinion is best game simulator

Comment

I think a lot of guys will say TGC2019 is the way to go. TruGolf has E6 connect and while it's been teased for use with the SkyTrak, it's been about year and the only thing I've heard is that a couple of folks got the Demo to work. Otherwise, SkyTrak has been silent on it.

Also, When I first got my SkyTrak, I had an HDMI out to a monitor and then eventually projector from the Ipad and it worked ok. Ultimately, you will not regret going the PC route. Make sure you get as much processor as you can afford and definitely a high end graphics card. Many folks here bought gaming computers for this specific purpose.

Cheers and good luck!
            --
            What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

Cheers going the pc route, sons pc is the bees knees for gaming, Garage ready just waiting on net return due Monday only problem can only hit up to hybrid.
              But kitchen and Decking fine for driver .
              Just seems expensive the simulator packages.

Comment

Working...
              X