Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lie measurement accuracy for wood

Hello

testing in depth my new TM4, I have to say I m very happy with it and in particular with impact location (after calibration of the club being used sometimes...) and lie measurement for irons.
    As for wood, it s not so good. I m in contact with Trackman (they re waiting for me to provide them with TMD data to analyse (advanced menu in tps).

As you will see in the attached files, I keep having 3 wood dynamic lies around 50deg. The static lie of the club is 58deg (measured with two gauges).
    I have used a grooved ball + dr shoe powder to check what was the lie tendency at impact.
    I have the same « issue » with my driver.

LEO MODE So, I wonder if any of you and in particular leo_mode have seen the same (I remember reading that leo_mode was not satisfied with wood dynamic lies...but that was in 2018).

Pat
    Attached Files

Why do you think the dynamic lie display is incorrect?

Comment

The measured static lie of the 3 wood is 58deg. When you look at the groove mark on the head, it's probably upright by 1°max at impact. But is says that the dynamic lie is 53.5deg...like most my shots. It s very low, in particular when you look at the groove mark on the head.
      Have you tried to hit some 3 wood or driver shots with your TM ? which kind of dynamic lie do you get ?

Comment

• TrueGolferNorth
        TrueGolferNorth commented
        Editing a comment
        The displayed dynamic lie angles on TM are always more upright than static/measured lie angles in my iron shots, and 2-4 degree more flat in drivers and 3W. I saw the same thing in Justin Thomas’ driver swing that TM displays a flat lie angle.

On my iron, it s ok - I have conducted two lie fittings using dr shoe powder + groove ball and TM was right.
      I ve opened a ticket to TM and they ve asked me a lot of good questions and requested me to send them data files for analysis. It s now into their dev hands. Let s see what he says.
      TM has definitely an excellent support...I would say better than uneekor because they can answer 24h a day + week ends as they work on two different time zones !

Comment

Just saw this and my suggestion would be to see what their tech guys come back with. They are very knowledgeable and from my experience very straightforward. I suspect there is a good answer here for what they will provide, but please report back.

Comment

Did you see this discussion that @leomode had on another forum a couple of years ago?

So I saw Dynamic Lie parameter on new Trackman's Impact Location update. On GC2+HMT or GC Quad there is Static Lie or Lie Angle which is really good for fitting. Because it is just like having a lie board and shows either your iron is 2 degree upright or flat. Now, how will this Dynamic Lie play ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dax View Post
            Just saw this and my suggestion would be to see what their tech guys come back with. They are very knowledgeable and from my experience very straightforward. I suspect there is a good answer here for what they will provide, but please report back.
            I m still waiting for their feedback. It has been a few days now...I will keep you updated

Comment

Originally posted by Dax View Post
              Did you see this discussion that @leomode had on another forum a couple of years ago?

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/147...pact-location/
              Yes I did read it last week - thanks
              nevertheless, it does not mention anything about wood lie.

in my case I would need to bend my 3 wood 4 to 6 degrees flat...impossible with my shot shape and also looking at my dr shoe test

Comment

I got the answer but for me, it does not explain why I get dynamic lies around 52deg with woods :

« Our engineers analyzed all of the data and they confirmed that everything is operating as it should be, they don't see any issues with the data and the tracking of the radar. They dynamic lie can be easily effected especially with longer clubs like woods and drivers. When you swing shallow and around your body, it will tend to lower your dynamic lie which may be what is happening here. »

Comment

Working...
                X