Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TRACKMAN firmware

Hi all
    does anyone know what the new Trackman Firmware that’s coming will reduce the distance to?
    thanks

You should call TM to confirm, but I think they said that they will only need 15.5 (I suspect this needs to be 16.5) feet in total room length. This was on one of the videos that they released from the golf show. So you will have some space behind wall for your screen and then also need space from wall to front of TM unit and so this likely takes up 1.5 feet of the total space. Front of TM to impact needs to be at 7 feet with appropriate lighting and that then leaves 7 to 8 feet of ball flight (I had thought they said 8 feet).

one thing I would also confirm with TM is if these new dimensions are only for TM4 or if some of these benefits (ie reduced need for as much ball flight) will also benefit TM3e units.

Some other comments to consider:

1. Hitting into a metal garage door could still be an issue.

2. I would always do what ever you can to add the amount of time that TM sees the ball. Given that they only need to see one revolution of the ball now is great, but as always the more the merrier However, watch that video as they seem very confident with their data at the reduced parameters and even boasted that a high ball speed drive was accurately measured (I thought they said 165 mph).

3. On the impact screen I have had success getting mine down to 8 inches (I am currently at 12) from wall to screen. I did this by backing up my Par2Pro impact screen with archery netting.

happy to answer any questions you may have.

ps. Two new courses added yesterday and they look fantastic. Here is a video of one.

Comment

Forgot to mention that I have heard that the official release has been delayed by a little. Some have a beta version and are getting could results (for instance short putting is great and way less instances of estimated spin numbers for high ball speed players indoor).

Comment

Thanks so much for your in depth response, very much appreciated. I have ordered a new TM4 indoor/outdoor that should be here in a couple of weeks. (Excited is an understatement!) for the time being I am using it in the back garden into a net. (Or can obviously take it to the range) I’m moving later in the year and going to have a garden room built. It will have to be 30m2 internally to avoid planning permission. I was thinking 7.5m x 4m. I will dig down 5.5m x 4m of it and keep the higher level to put a couch in to keep the Mrs happy! So in a nutshell was hoping the 5.5 x 4 was big enough?
        could I get away with less than 4m in width to add to depth? Or is that a decent balance?

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase you are really going to love it! I have an indoor outdoor version as well and really enjoy the freedom of being able to take it to the range every now and then.

In terms of room dimensions, there have been a coupe of shed builds this past year and would suggest finding those discussions and seeing what their dimensions are. Your space sounds pretty good actually and while you could always go narrower and hit from an offfset position, I am not sure how much narrower you would want to go.

In thinking of the space you will have and assuming the dimensions you provided would be the total inside space available to you, then I think you could shave a foot or so off your length in order to add a little more width. The reason for saying this is at 13 feet wide you will not be able to have left and right handed players hitting off the exact same spot. I think the minimum for that may be about 14 feet. 13 feet might be just a little too tight (perhaps others could comment). I think with a driver you need about 7 feet around you to comfortably swing. Now with that said the hitting area with TM 7 feet behind you should have about 8 inches of centre in terms of what TM can pick up (something to confirm with TM). Would 24 feet long by 14 wide work? This only shaves 7 inches I believe off your depth (suspect this would still give you about 10.5 feet of ball flight and leave room for the couch as well as a narrow table behind hitting position that could sit above the TM to protect it).

a call to TM would definitely get all the answers you are looking for though.

either way, it sounds like you are going to have a great space!

Comment

TPS 7.5 released today. Looks like just a new environment, some changes to the games and some new sim gameplay formats.

Comment

New Firmware not released yet

Comment

• Dax
                Dax commented
                Editing a comment
                Not yet, I spoke to service a week ago on the beta and they said they had a few things that the tech guys needed to work in that they did not like. This, it sounds like another week or two before they have another beta version. Not sure if they will take it final and release or just make beta and test further.

Firmware 2.1.1 has now been release. Does not sound like it includes the new indoor min distance changes, but those that loaded the beta seemed to have success on having less spin estimates on high ball speed drives.

I ran the last beta ver prior to this release for the last week and a bit and al seemed fine from what I was seeing.

Comment

Tried to upgrade to new firmware support told me they stopped using 2.1.1 as it’s buggy unstable

Comment

The new firmware definitely has some issues that need to be resolved. I am going to be calling them this week to go back to prior version if they don't come out with a new version early this week

Comment

Any news on the promised new firmware ?

Comment

No news, but it sounds like they had to build the new firmware from the ground up.

Comment

• Dax
                        Dax commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Im not sure what you mean? They are working to bring out a new version that cuts indoor spin measurement requirements substantially and while I cannot confirm this, it sounds like they chose the path of building out a new firmware to allow for this. The current firmware that we are all using still works and is what I would consider best in class. Once the new firmware that allows for the new indoor min requirements is released, I am sure it will be just as good as what we have now (although I do expect it will have some initial bugs).

If they can come out with something better and they need to build a new firmware to do that I am not sure how that can be viewed as a problem? I am actually very happy to have something that works great, but which continuously gets improved.

• Brettster
                        Brettster commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry Dax - I'm speaking as a Software Developer. Having to completely re-build something from scratch, when you already have something working pretty much the way you want is *NOT* done with a complete re-build. Instead what happens is you initiate a version control save at the current working version, and start modifying code forward to try to get a new working version that is better...

That process is much faster than scrapping everything you have and rewriting firmware completely. My point was that if they are rewriting firmware completely there must have been some mistake, or incompetence going on that forced them, or required them to do it that way - that's just the way it is, sorry if that offended you.

I am actually very happy to have something that works great, but which continuously gets improved.
                        I bet you would be happier, if you knew exactly how they were developing the product, and knew that the development would go faster/easier if they maintained their code base properly. Just speaking from experience, please do not take offense. I've been doing software development 30+ years, and when I hear of what sounds like a lack of change management/version control going on in a project, it makes me wonder.
                        Last edited by Brettster; 04-15-2021, 05:32 AM.

• onehandicap
                        onehandicap commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not sure we have enough info here. How old is the foundational code base? At some point, sometimes sooner if it was thrown together quickly, or after many years, software either needs (or should) be rewritten or at a minimum refactored. Continuing to just modify an old code base over many years results in unreliable and unmaintainable code. If the base hasn't been rewritten since the TM4 was introduced, then it could be time.

I was at the Trackman headquarters here in Scottsdale on March 9 this year trying out their simulator that was running the Beta software and it all worked well while there. They even had my home course back in MI on there to try and it looked and played very realistically. (Bay Harbor) I am leaning towards buying the TM4 indoor/outdoor simulator for my new home I’m building now.

Comment

FYI, Bay Harbor is also on TGC2019 and the designer did a great job on the design. It's the Quarry/Links combo It was pretty spot on from what i remember. I've only played it twice IRL so far.
                        Originally posted by TLemmen View Post
                        I was at the Trackman headquarters here in Scottsdale on March 9 this year trying out their simulator that was running the Beta software and it all worked well while there. They even had my home course back in MI on there to try and it looked and played very realistically. (Bay Harbor) I am leaning towards buying the TM4 indoor/outdoor simulator for my new home I’m building now.

Comment

Firmware 2.1.2 out but no read me does it do anything different than the current firmware ???

Comment

Working...
                          X