Penalties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalties?

TruGolf , could you explain the penalty system on E6? I like to play with it on in the demo but not sure if there's a way to tell what the penalty is? The other day I had a ball that was in the underbrush and I hit an 8 iron 152 according to the GC2 but it went 73 yards in the game. Just wondering if there's a set penality on certain lies like rough, first cut, earth, underbrush, etc.....

In the game, you may have hit some of that brush to knock down the distance and then there is a penalty applied as well since you wouldn't have been on the fairway. GC2 was just telling the ball physics as read.

Comment

Penalties are enacted depending on your lie and should be similar to what you encounter outdoors. The more significant the lie, the higher percentage of ball speed we take away. When you're in the tall grass you'll also notice that the ball speed will be reduced slightly, or significantly depending on what you hit, for every blade of grass you impact.

Comment

Ok thanks guys so there's no set penalty like say 10% reduction if you're in the rough and 20% from the underbrush. Just gotta kinda go with the flow and see what happens like real life golf.

Comment

TruGolf- I understand the penalty is assessed based on the lie. My question is how do I know what the lie condition is? To be more clear , i know I'm in the fairway, rough , or underbrush.... However , I have no way of assessing the quality of the lie and therefore no way to properly know the amount of risk from a course management standpoint. Basically I have to assume the worst .

Am am I missing something or is there a way to asses the lie , and therefore understand the risk / penalty of the shot?

Comment

Yes, this is one of the few complaints against e6 for me as well. I don't mind the strict realistic penalty but would be nice to see the lie so a decision could be made like pitching out. Other than that I love e6.

Comment

The lie is listed when you're taking a shot right underneath the topview window. The percentage of ball speed that is taken away is set depending on the lie.

If you want to see the exact position of the ball before you hit it, you can click the mouse directly in front of the ball and hit the "arrow" icon that appears. You'll be able to use the slider to get a closer view or to get a more broad view of the surrounding area.

Keep in the mind that besides the terrain penalty, if you are in the tall grass that the ball will be affected in launch angle and ball speed for each of the blades of tall grass that you encounter.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                Jwheels9876 commented
                Editing a comment
                My original question actually pertained to the "set" percentage . Do you know those exact numbers? Say 3% light rough, 12% heavy rough, 20% underbrush, 25%
                bunker .

In real life of course you'd just see how deep your ball is buried or what obstacles you'd have to deal with and adjust accordingly. On the sim it's not so clear of course

Thanks for the Reply E6. That makes sense

Comment

Working...
              X