HELP! Feedback/Thoughts on TruGolf Simulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Feedback/Thoughts on TruGolf Simulators

I have been following and searching this forum for several days but have not found a lot of recent reviews on the TruGolf Simulator. I thought the TruGolf Simulator would be a good Mid-Range simulator purchase given it tracks both the club head and ball spin. Seems the downside to it are the lasers in the mat and the ball tracking is calculated based on sonicsound not a measurement like Skytack. I haven't found the perfect location in/around the home yet so I wanted bay that was portable with only moderate effort. I have seen a lot of feedback on SkyTrack and that also looks like a great alternative but seems there is a lot of recent issues with "no tracks" on pure shots with long irons/woods, also doesn't track the club head and also was hoping to find something with less delay time. I am looking for something more turnkey and was thinking of the TruGolf GS10 studio from the golfsimulatorguys. Is the TruGolf sim fairly accurate with real ball flights/distance/spin? I also looked at Full Swing but I don't have the ideal space for it and I wanted something a little more mobile. Before I spend $15K I could really use more insights. Thanks in advance!

schrambow sorry I didn’t see your post until now.. I ended up with the GC2 Quad “demo” devise (but can’t tell) and took a few months to finish the build out but love the device and graphics. The only downsides I see are 1. The cost 2. Only comes with 6 fictitious courses and until today didn’t allow play versus others on courses in real time. I have purchased 10 additional courses for $60 each. I have had buddies over the last 3 weekends playing money games.. the chipping and putting takes time to get used to as you don’t have depth perception on these like when playing outside but I have it down now and when I play my buddies with similar handicaps I give them 4-5 strokes until they can play 4-5 rounds. I’ve attached a pic of my build out before and after.. had to have some ceiling joist modifications done. The update that came out today is cool.. came with a foresight fairground game which is fun and chipping skills and head to head play “net play”. Definitely one of the best devices if not they best device on the market I think.
    Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone know if a guy can do that to his floor joists after the fact? Great idea!!!!

Comment

• WISCOGOLFNUT
        WISCOGOLFNUT commented
        Editing a comment
        @keith5150 Not sure what you mean by after the fact but my basement was fully finished except for this one room and I had a structural engineer run the calculations for how many joists I could remove as living room is above. Based on his calculations we removed 3 joists and reinforced the existing joists with 2 2x10s on each side and then ran 2x4s across every 12 inches.. I picked up about 5 more inches of height in the space. It would be more difficult if the ceiling is finished as you have to run 2x10s all the way across.

I have 12 inch high joists. I have 4x3 padded panels on the ceiling.... which I can easily remove.....going to find me a structural engineer. Thanks..... for the idea.

Comment

• WISCOGOLFNUT
        WISCOGOLFNUT commented
        Editing a comment
        not a problem.. I can't take credit for the idea.. I came across the idea on this forum too, posted by orangeman.
        Last edited by WISCOGOLFNUT; 02-05-2019, 11:38 PM.

Originally posted by WISCOGOLFNUT View Post
      schrambow sorry I didn’t see your post until now.. I ended up with the GC2 Quad “demo” devise (but can’t tell) and took a few months to finish the build out but love the device and graphics. The only downsides I see are 1. The cost 2. Only comes with 6 fictitious courses and until today didn’t allow play versus others on courses in real time. I have purchased 10 additional courses for $60 each. I have had buddies over the last 3 weekends playing money games.. the chipping and putting takes time to get used to as you don’t have depth perception on these like when playing outside but I have it down now and when I play my buddies with similar handicaps I give them 4-5 strokes until they can play 4-5 rounds. I’ve attached a pic of my build out before and after.. had to have some ceiling joist modifications done. The update that came out today is cool.. came with a foresight fairground game which is fun and chipping skills and head to head play “net play”. Definitely one of the best devices if not they best device on the market I think.
      thanks for sharing this. i like some of the other sim software out there as many others mention on this forum, so i think i might be going with the GC2 by itself at first, however, by the time i get everything ordered and shipped, it will probably be spring and the season will be starting outside, so i might hold off until late summer so i can get it up and running before late fall to be able to use all next winter. But i tend to oscillate back and forth daily, and just want to get this stuff setup asap. Just hate to order and the stuff sits in boxes due to me either being gone or busy with work and family. I just hate it when life gets in the way of my golf habit.

Comment

• WISCOGOLFNUT
        WISCOGOLFNUT commented
        Editing a comment
        You should definitely go with the GCQuad if you can as it has foresight’s latest technology, you won’t regret it if you are in to game improvement.. it will help u in the summer too when u want to quickly check your swing

• Andy_Golfer
        Andy_Golfer commented
        Editing a comment
        WISCOGOLFNUT you were going to purchase "the GC2 with HMT refurbished for $10K with the FSX 2018 software and laptop", would you be happy to share why changed to GCQuad Demo unit? price difference? What was included with the GCQuad demo unit, putting analysis also? Thanks.

Andy_Golfer Hi, I ended up paying $16K for the “demo” quad which came with club and ball data, pc gaming tower, mouse, alignment stick, backpack and the stickers to put on the club..so it was exactly $6k more..I had 30 day trial for putting with it but didn’t try it.. lol.. the gaming pc they threw in with the quad was a better than the laptop that was going to come with the GC2.. it was a tough decision and I’m still not sure I made the right one.. but I went with it mostly because it was the latest and greatest.. the rep provided a long list of the imporovements (see attached pic) and I wasnt sure how much longer Foresight would continue to support the GC2 so I thought I would be safe and go with the newer version, I also didn’t want to mess with changing bulbs and tinkering with the leveling/alignment stuff, etc.. last and most important my wonderful wife said I should just get the newer one . Only reason I question if I made the right decision is because I think the accuracy is nearly as good on the GC2 and GC2 allows you to play other software like TGC.. which is a big downside to the quad.. I spend 70% of my time playing (though I need to spend 70% practicing) so having the option to play online competitions would be great, feel like I’m missing out on a lot of fun. Knowing now that the number of GC2s sold is 10x (27,000 vs. 3000) that of GCQUAD I wouldn’t have any concerns Foresight is going to stop supporting them anytime soon. Let me know if you have any other questions.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by WISCOGOLFNUT; 02-21-2019, 12:46 AM.

Comment

@WISCOGOLFNUT Hi, thanks. Do you know if your purchased GCQuad package often available from Foresight? so your package included FSX but not the putting analysis? which is an additional purchase.

Comment

Most likely it was the quad package but with the “demo/slight blemish” unit as it had FSX and everything else.. also had the full 2 year warranty

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
            JackedUpSwing commented
            Editing a comment
            I think he meant HOW did you get the option to purchase the demo unit. There isnt said option available on the website.

Gotcha.. I just asked if they had any used units and they said they have demo units (believe they usually have these) I was skeptical but the rep said it’s just marketing terminology and it’s a new unit.. when I received it I looked it over and it looked perfect.. I think it might be a way for them to sell more brand new units at a discount since they have sold less than 3,000 Quads in total.. definitely need to push them for the best pricing
          Last edited by WISCOGOLFNUT; 02-21-2019, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X