Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Triplebogeysrbetter (NET) and @shank12u (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - TGC Simulator Open with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley GC (ProTee Green Tees) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...simulator-open
See more
See less

Winter League for my buddies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter League for my buddies

As a new sim user, I’ve found this forum to be an awesome resource for info, opinions and experiences.
    Thank you to all who have commented and contributed so that newbs like me can shorten the learning curve a little.

Does anyone have insight/tips/best practices for setting up and running a 3 month ‘league’ on e6 1.6 with SkyTrak? All the outdoor leagues have wrapped up around here, but we wanna keep playing!
    I’ve been messing around with the software for the last few days and need some help.

About 10-12 of my golf buddies want to get something going with weekly 2-man team 9-hole events similar to what we’ve been doing at the course.
    Players would be playing rounds one or two teams at a time to keep things from running all day-stopping by after work or on days off to get their round in as a twosome or foursome. Never all 10 or 12 at the same time.
    Starting with 10 ft gimme’s, amateur tees, soft greens, no weathe etc...then tightening up the gimme range and increasing difficulty as the season progresses.

All local, not ‘Connect’ online. I’m looking to save player info and handicaps to allow points to be earned throughout the “season”.
    To my understanding from other discussions here, it would take 3 rounds to establish a handicap-is this still the case?
    The software wants email addresses for some reason for any player I’ve created-is this to allow online event play if desired? Will they be getting spam from TruGolf?
    Is the player info on my computer or on TruGolf’s servers?
    Is there a way to setup a roster that’s saved locally or is log-in required each session?
    Are there software limitations I should be aware of before this gets rolling?
    Is there anything you wish you had setup differently?
    What formats are typical? Best Ball, Stroke Play etc.?
    What has worked well for you?
    What was the biggest challenge?

I appreciate any help...I’ve never run something like this-usually I just show up, pay my entry, meet my partner for the round and turn in my card...never really been involved in the logistics and management aspect.
Working...
X