Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no top courses

Why can't e6 bring out augusta or st andrews and other top courses

One word Scamps - 'Licensing'. Those big names own all rights to their course design(s), etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettster View Post
      One word Scamps - 'Licensing'. Those big names own all rights to their course design(s), etc.
      Exactly. It's one of the big advantages to having the ability to design your own courses like in tgc because you can circumvent all the licensing and trademark restrictions and just design it yourself.

When they put Augusta in the tiger woods video game for the playstation and xbox that was a huge deal because Augusta hadn't been in the games previously.

Augusta definitely seems more protective of their brand than other courses because you still see st. andrews and pebble and other top courses on other sim software.

Comment

I had a optishot they made augusta and called it sweet magnolia so don't think licensing should be an issue

Comment

• 3on3putt
          3on3putt commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right I do remember that from my brief optishot days. They only made it available during masters week so I never got to play it. But yeah, good point. Seems as if e6 could just do a "sweet magnolia" as well. I wonder if only making it available 1 week of the year was some sort of compromise they made with Augusta? Otherwise why not just have it available all the time as that would obviously be a big selling point to consumers.

All the big courses are on optishot, just changed the names, st Andrews is old scot, sawgrass is ponte verde, so all software should really be able to copy call the top courses

Comment

• EVH5150
          EVH5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          So, is there an Augusta? I don't see anything similar to it. Does anyone have a list for reference?
      Working...
      X