recommended depth side and ceiling netting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommended depth side and ceiling netting

It looks like I'll be hitting into an 8 foot high by 14 foot wide screen from 8-10 feet away. My ceiling is 9 feet high and I don't want it to interfere with my club. What depth would you recommend the ceiling netting be made? Side netting? Based upon some basic trig, I think a 60 degree wedge would travel about 4 and a half feet before reaching 8 feet in height. So maybe 6 feet in depth?

Are you assuming that a 60 degree wedge actually launches at 60 degrees? That's actually not very likely. The highest launch angle that I have seen on my ProTee is 55 degrees for flop shots.

But you are on the right track as far as figuring out the possible impact zone on the ceiling. I'd go with 6 feet from the screen.

Comment

aja,
      Thank you for the reply. I just received my gc2 and don't yet have an understanding of typical launch angles. I tried out my 60 degree wedge and 55 degrees was the highest launch I could achieve. If I am launching a golf ball at 55 degrees into an 8 foot high impact screen that is 10 feet away, it would reach 8 feet in height after 6 feet of horizontal travel. So I'm thinking the ceiling net need to extend at least 4 feet from the screen. I suppose I could sky a driver at a high launch angle, so probably 6 feet would be safer if the netting doesn't interfere with my club during a swing.
      I'm still not certain about the side curtain depth. What's the most severe angle of a shank?
      Thanks for your input,
      Ken

Comment

• aja
        aja commented
        Editing a comment
        Only a guesstimate but I think 6 feet on the sides is a fair distance. To err on the side of safety, 8 feet is plenty.
    Working...
    X