Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New GC2 / TGC Owner - Driver has way too much carry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GC2 / TGC Owner - Driver has way too much carry.

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed in multiple threads here on the forum. Most tend to address too little carry with a driver. Mine is the opposite.

- Irons are spot on w/ TGC and GC2. Within 2 yards on average.
    - On the ProTee Sunday Range my driver is carrying 300yds on average with roll out to about 315yds, but, the GC2 shows carry of 265-ish.

Is it as simple as adjusting my GSX driver carry settings from 0 to say, -14?

I've seen people discussing adjusting their elevation settings? Is this possible?

I'm in Michigan & the GC2 seems to be pretty close to real life results with roll out of closer to 285-290yds on average flat course for my area.

I've researched every thread possible & can't seem to find many people WAY too much carry.

Any other setup tips?

Thanks!
    Paul

pauleywauley ... Not a bad problem to have... This may be a range firmness range altitude setup by the designer of the range Interesting question. Have you played any courses and found long carry & roll outs? Where in Michigan are you? I am sure some one else will chime in. I have a GC2 on the way as well.

Comment

Wyzyguy I'm in the Grand Rapids area. I did play a few holes on a course last night. I can't remember the course name, it was the "most played" or "highest reviewed" public course in TGC. I had my driver carry set at -14. From what I could tell it seemed pretty reasonable. A few high elevation tee boxes had driver distance of 325+ and then had some very short drives hitting uphill at about 225yds. Took some getting used to.

I'll compare a few different ranges with Driver carry set to "0" and then adjusted to "-14" to see how they react and compare to the GC2 readings.

Comment

Curious to see your numbers - post your Ball Speed, Azimuth, launch Angle ,Side and Back Spin etc .

Comment

• pauleywauley
          pauleywauley commented
          Editing a comment
          Will post later tonight!

Originally posted by pauleywauley View Post
        Hi All,

I know this has been discussed in multiple threads here on the forum. Most tend to address too little carry with a driver. Mine is the opposite.

- Irons are spot on w/ TGC and GC2. Within 2 yards on average.
        - On the ProTee Sunday Range my driver is carrying 300yds on average with roll out to about 315yds, but, the GC2 shows carry of 265-ish.

Is it as simple as adjusting my GSX driver carry settings from 0 to say, -14?

I've seen people discussing adjusting their elevation settings? Is this possible?

I'm in Michigan & the GC2 seems to be pretty close to real life results with roll out of closer to 285-290yds on average flat course for my area.

I've researched every thread possible & can't seem to find many people WAY too much carry.

Any other setup tips?

Thanks!
        Paul
        Post everything the GC2 display says and post a picture of the post shot screen and I'll tell you what it is. Also, what version of TGC/ GSX and GC2 Firmware are you using?
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

• pauleywauley
          pauleywauley commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do this as soon as I'm back home after work. Thanks!

Make sure TGC "on" check marknis checked is gsx. I had mine unchecked and it added 30 yards to my driver until I realized I had done it. I had thought it just wouldn't work at all if that was checked but it did work and it added 30-40 yards to my drives above and beyond gc2 carry number on the LCD.

Comment

Here's the update guys. It seems as though Stingreye was right on with the check box. Yardages on the GC2 are within a yard or two of a flat range on TGC. Seems to be all set now. Thanks for the help, everyone! 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by pauleywauley View Post
          Here's the update guys. It seems as though Stingreye was right on with the check box. Yardages on the GC2 are within a yard or two of a flat range on TGC. Seems to be all set now. Thanks for the help, everyone! 👍🏻
          Great! Thanks for reporting back! Glad it was an easy fix.

Comment

glad to here issue resolved Paul glad we could help work it out

Comment

Working...
            X